Sign in to follow this  
goldfishfanforever

First canister filter

So I am thinking of getting canister filters for my fish tanks as then I would only need one filter and it would allow for more media (which will help in my overstocked tanks) and use less electricity as then I only have to run one filter making my dad happy :D. I have one problem I don't know which ilter to buy, well I know what filter I want but I don't know what flow rate I should get as this is the filter type I want to get

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002NF5LDQ/ref=dra_a_rv_mr_hn_it_P1400_1000?tag=dradisplay0bb-21&ascsubtag=389b921dff5d70f831c05c04f70f3e9f_S . I have been trying to choose between the three size ranges of the filters but I don't know which ones to get for a 32 gallon aquarium and a 33 gallon aquarium. Also I want to eventually upgrade (my dad will say no but I will :D) so I want the filters to be good to use on a new tank which I want to be in the 300-500 litre range for my 5 telescope goldfish but it just depends on what I can find second hand (but my dad will make me buy them brand new :() Which filter would you buy out of those three??

GFF, you might message Lis and Fingers.  I believe they have APS filters and might be able to advise on size for your tank.  If I remember correctly, both thought that APS overestimated the filtration on their canisters.

GFF, you might message Lis and Fingers.  I believe they have APS filters and might be able to advise on size for your tank.  If I remember correctly, both thought that APS overestimated the filtration on their canisters.

Ok thank you I will hit them both a message later :)

That might hurt if you hit them with a message... how about just sending them one :tomuch:

That might hurt if you hit them with a message... how about just sending them one :tomuch:

:rip::lol::wall

If electrical use is a concern, you should check the watts used by each it is listed right in the link you provided. When I compare these filters watt usage to the fluval 405 I have, the fluval uses much less power to do the same amount of work. This tells me these filters use cheap motors which are not efficient. This is reflected in their low cost.

If electrical use is a concern, you should check the watts used by each it is listed right in the link you provided. When I compare these filters watt usage to the fluval 405 I have, the fluval uses much less power to do the same amount of work. This tells me these filters use cheap motors which are not efficient. This is reflected in their low cost.

Oh yeah I probably should check the wattage thanks for telling me and they will have cheap motors to make the price much cheaper even if it isn't as efficient like you have already said 

Edited by goldfishfanforever