KoopaFish15

Hello Everyone. My  name is Kim. I originally found this forum through Tithra's youtube channel probably at least a year ago. I have been reading up on all the wonderful information that everyone here has to share about goldfish. I kept goldfish when I was younger and of course failed miserably. Three years ago I decided to start keeping fish seriously and was given a 26 gallon octagon tank that with stand that I stripped and refinished. I went and bought my first goldfish which of course died. After learning about cycling and the whole process I ended up buying the two fish that I currently have now. I later upgraded to a beautiful 36 gallon bowfront tank. I have one fantail named Sonny and an oranda named Koopa. My situation is kind of special in that I have moved into an apartment and left my fish tank home. I go home every weekend to clean the tank and my mom is left with the amount of food I want them to be fed for that week. I miss them dearly but I am so afraid to move them, not quite sure how to go about it and if moving them multiple times would be detrimental. 

A little about me. I have one month left of school and I will be a Medical Technologist. I have been hired at a local hospital in their Microbiology department. I live with my family dog Nolan, cockapoo and two ferrets Linus and Abby. I have my goldfish at home, like I said and my beta fish Bobo with me at my apartment. 

Finally, I decided to join because of some recent events. My tank has been up and running for 2 and a half years now. I am having a serious Dropsy problem right now. I lost one fish that I had for almost a year. I am now about to lose Koopa if I don't get some help. Since I am new I am not sure how to go about the Disease page and what not but I would like some help. I went home last week and noticed he was completely pine coned. I check in with my mom every day and its been over a week later and he is still swimming around and eating fine. I would like to try treating him if I could get some help.

I am excited to start this journey and to better my knowledge and skills with keeping goldfish :) 

• Admin

:hi

I would just go and post a new thread in the D&D area.....http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/forum/10-disease-diagnosis-treatments-microscope-videos/ Make sure you fill this forum out for us ...http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/116133-help-request-check-list/ If you can get photos of your fish and the tank that would help alot....

Again Welcome to KG :)