Sign in to follow this  
goldfishfanforever

Telescope goldfish eye problem

Here is what we recommend (a couple of the moderators have reviewed your thread): Your tele with the partial eye and partial gill plate should be put into another tank (minimum 10 gallons) to reduce the chances for infection. With your main tank not being cycled and overstocked, the chances for infection for this tele is high.

Since there is the presence of ammonia in your tap water, we suggest at least two 50% water changes per week, maybe three 50% water changes. Seachem Prime or something more similar to that product is important here to help in detoxifying the ammonia and nitrite (I wrote about that in an earlier post).

With new fish it is important to quarantine them--do not put them in with your existing fish and do a salt and prazi treatment that lasts up to 4 weeks. Since you've introduced the fish to the main tank, it would still be best to isolate the the fish into another tank and do the quarantine process: http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/114492-how-to-quarantine-new-fish/

Your main tank would also benefit from the salt and prazi treatment.

While the cycle is catching up, you'll want to reduce feeding.

We can help guide you through this process of quarantining and getting your cycle caught up. One of the things we need though is your water parameters before each water change.

I am doing another water change on Saturday so I will get the params then and I have been doing a 50 & 90% water change every week and I will try and separate the new fish but I don't know if it will be possible :( oh and I still need to order prime :(

In the US we have craigslistcom in which people list stuff they want to sell. We can get really good deals for used aquarium and aquarium equipment from that website. Maybe you have something similar in England.

Edited by LisaCGold

In the US we have craigslistcom in which people list stuff they want to sell. We can get really good deals for aquarium and aquarium equipment from that website. Maybe you have something similar in England.

We have gumtree but everything sold on there is over priced :(

On craigslist many things are overpriced, in my opinion, but sometimes things go for quite a deal. You just have to be diligent in watching out for the deals and when they happen you have to move very quickly.

On craigslist many things are overpriced, in my opinion, but sometimes things go for quite a deal. You just have to be diligent in watching out for the deals and when they happen you have to move very quickly.

I have seen some things for good prices but they are usually too far away for me to get my parents to travel for them :(

I have ordered 500ml of prime and kusuri wormer :)

Just done a 90% water change on the tank and saved some old water to test I will post the results later

Ok do yesterday I found the telescope not stuck to the filter fully but slightly for maybe 10 seconds and the current is to strong so she/he is in a breeder box as it also isn't a strong swimmer but it is also on its side what do I do??

Can you give us a video?

Can you give us a video?

Its really late here so I cant sorry :( I don't think it will last the night :(

I'm sorry, GFF.  Do open a D&D for the oranda if you think he is still ill.  Perhaps your dad will let you at least run an internal filter while people are gone/at night.  Then you can turn on the other filter as well when you are home?

I'm sorry, GFF.  Do open a D&D for the oranda if you think he is still ill.  Perhaps your dad will let you at least run an internal filter while people are gone/at night.  Then you can turn on the other filter as well when you are home?

Maybe I will talk to him :) also the telescope survived the night :)

my kusuri has arrived but my prime hasn't yet so I can't start fluke treatment and I think because the goldfish got sucked to the filter its organs are pulled to one side so I think it will pass away soon but thank you all for your help :)

RIP little telescope goldfish I will always love you :(

I'm sorry GFF

He/she was doing quite well which is annoying but at least he got a loving home and now my prime has arrived! :)

I'm so sorry. Rest in peace, little one.

Rest in peace little telescope :(

Thank You 

I'm so sorry you lost your pet. Sometimes they go very quickly and even the best care cannot help. But now you have your prime and that should help your remaining fish feel much better every water change, since your tap has ammonia present :)

I'm so sorry you lost your pet. Sometimes they go very quickly and even the best care cannot help. But now you have your prime and that should help your remaining fish feel much better every water change, since your tap has ammonia present :)

Thank you and yes I hope the fish feel better now knowing there will be no ammonia in the water :D