Not-So-Newbie

Freakish

Hello, everyone!  I decided to go from lurker to member in my quest for the perfect goldfish!  I am not new to fish keeping though I am new to actually owning a goldfish!  I have been doing oodles of research and am finally feeling ready enough to get started!  I will be ordering a fish through Cindy and ECR once my tank is set up.  I already have a filter (SunSun.. I believe 302..?) but still need to purchase a tank, hood heater and thermometer.  I am still deciding on which food to feed.  I want the best for my little friend so I will be patient and let it take the time it needs.  I am also in the process of building a custom enclosure for my crested gecko so it will be a lengthy project, but a project none-the-less!  (If you can't tell by my unorganized heap of text, I'm bad at intros.)

I look forward to being a productive member of the forum and hearing all of your wonderful advice!

Freakish

Hello :) Welcome to Koko's! Glad you did some research on goldfish first ;) You will learn even more as you go along, but it is a fun journey in owning goldfish! :D

Hello and Welcome to the forum. 

Cynthia's has beautiful Ranchus.  I purchased one almost one year ago.  In the past she would always put in a sample of her food with the new Ranchu order.   I'm not sure if she does this still but it was the New Life Spectrum thera-A  .50 pellets.  I feed all my big fish the 1mm as their staple food along with some other quality foods.

Along with what Jared said above, Petco is also starting another great sale starting this coming Friday on all fish.  30% off all new fish.

Jared, More tropical fish. :)  

I don't get paid for another two weeks!  How often do they come around?  I would definitely rather spend $20 than $45..  

You may want to check with your local Petco for dates of the sale, but for my area the dollar per gallon sale runs until May 2nd.

If it runs that long I'll be fine!

And yes, I am planning on a 20 long.  It's all I have space for at them moment as I am moving in October but he will be upgraded to a 40 breeder at that point.