Sign in to follow this  
Jim_D

Washing Blood Worms

Has anyone else ever rinsed frozen bloodworms in a micro fish net over a white bowl?

Try it.....you'll be blown away with how red and mucky the water goes. I'll never put them in my tank again without rinsing them.

I don't necessarily wash them in a net...but I do put them in a glass of clean water, wait until they thaw, swirl them around, and then dump the water out, giving my fish only the worms. :)

Has anyone else ever rinsed frozen bloodworms in a micro fish net over a white bowl?

Try it.....you'll be blown away with how red and mucky the water goes. I'll never put them in my tank again without rinsing them.

I feed my pea puffer blood worms and the redder and messier the water is the happier he is :)

I just tried washing them a second ago. I did notice a bit of cloudy water while rinsing them and they seemed brighter red too! I definitely think I'm going to start rinsing them before I feed

I think there was a conversation a couple of years ago about rinsing or not of frozen bloodworms.

I thaw and feed.  I haven't had any problem(s) and I hope I don't.

It's a way to save unnecessary stuff that's got to be gotten rid of by your BB.

I don't really see the point. I mean if you are feeding it in your tank regularly and the BBs can take care of the extra "stuff" then why worry. It's not like the BBs are gonna complain about a little extra food ;)

I have thawed and fed it without rinsing since I found out about BW and have had not problems.. :idont

I don't really see the point. I mean if you are feeding it in your tank regularly and the BBs can take care of the extra "stuff" then why worry. It's not like the BBs are gonna complain about a little extra food ;)

I have thawed and fed it without rinsing since I found out about BW and have had not problems.. :idont

Of course its a personal thing, but after seeing so much muck and red water coming off them.....why not have less nitrates in the tank for the simple task of a quick rinse under the tap?

Of course its a personal thing, but after seeing so much muck and red water coming off them.....why not have less nitrates in the tank for the simple task of a quick rinse under the tap?

Plus I dont think most ppl know that in Aussie land the soil is Rust color not brown like the USA.. I can see why you want to clean them first :o