Bottom of fish is flattened

This is my little Goldie who looks to be in a bad way. I just noticed the back marks on her bottom last night. I looked closer and it's under the lower jaw and the gill. She is in a 40 gallon tank with another seemingly healthy GF, who is growing nicely. Goldie is not, and has trouble eating. Any suggestions?

I‘m sorry that your fish is having health issues. Healing vibes to her!!!

Also, please fill out this form the best you can:

* Ammonia Level(Tank)

* Nitrite Level(Tank)

* Nitrate level(Tank)

* Ammonia Level(Tap)

* Nitrite Level(Tap)

* Nitrate level(Tap)

* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)

* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?

* Water temperature?

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?

* How often do you change the water and how much?

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?

* How many fish in the tank and their size?

* What kind of water additives or conditioners?

* What do you feed your fish and how often?

* Any new fish added to the tank?

* Any medications added to the tank?

* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.

* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?

* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

Good luck!!!

I have been in fish long enough to test the water before I do anything else. I researched the symptoms under GF diseases and could not find anything that resembled Goldie's ailments. I have decided on the most common, and simplest thing to do. She is back into the 10 gallon tank with low grade salt and warmer water. She will likely die , but she is a Walmart "rescue" and was not well when we got her. She is very small, and has grown very little if any since we got her Feb 7th. She does seem happier in the smaller tank with warmer water.

Her tankmate is doing fine, but the water is cloudy. Should I get some of those chemicals that deals with this, or just wait until the tank matures? The filters should be adequate. One is rated at 330 GBH and the second 85 GPH. Just for one small GF.

Edited by mickeyrom

Please fill out the form so that we know what is going on. Without that, nobody can advise properly on how to treat because we are not there to personally witness or test. 

Thank you Chelsea.

Please fill out the form so that we know what is going on. Without that, nobody can advise properly on how to treat because we are not there to personally witness or test. 

Thank you Chelsea.

Why? All I did was ask you to fill out the form so we could get things fixed.

Thank you Chelsea.

This obviously is not an environmental issue. All the water parameters are good, and  all the details I would give you would be useless. I am sorry to have bothered Koko with my fish problems. There is nothing that anybody can do. It's probably a case of fish cancer or something like that.

Thank you Chelsea.

This obviously is not an environmental issue. All the water parameters are good, and  all the details I would give you would be useless. I am sorry to have bothered Koko with my fish problems. There is nothing that anybody can do. It's probably a case of fish cancer or something like that.

It's not obvious at all. That, and the environment may hold clues that you are not aware of but the mod team here on Koko's is. 

That form, coupled with some photos and/or video, could possibly save your fish.

Assuming and either not treating or treating incorrectly is what leads to the death of quite a few fish. Instead, I wholeheartedly suggest that you try and help your fish by filling out that form, at least.

Edited by ChelseaM

Why are you so pessimistic towards them?

It's not their fault.. Nature is... Nature.

Edited by Chai

I would say that it's near impossible to offer any kind of accurate diagnosis without the questionnaire being answered (pictures would also be helpful). It does seem that the OP is unable or unwilling to fill it out, so lets take a step back, and leave it be.  Ultimately, the decision lies with him, and we have to respect him for it.

Thanks, guys!

Why would you assume cancer? :hmm Does the fish appear to have any masses or protrusions?

You could say that. From the side her top looks normal, but the bottom is flat, like somebody sliced it off. From the top her  tummy protrudes like a square bump on each side. When she swims up and you can see her bottom, there is a black mark from the jaw to one gill. I think it also could be a wasting disease.

Why would you assume cancer? :hmm Does the fish appear to have any masses or protrusions?

You could say that. From the side her top looks normal, but the bottom is flat, like somebody sliced it off. From the top her  tummy protrudes like a square bump on each side. When she swims up and you can see her bottom, there is a black mark from the jaw to one gill. I think it also could be a wasting disease.

I'd really be interested in seeing some pics, if you can get some up here.

• Supporter

hello, posting in this forum requires that you make an effort to answer ALL the questions and provide photos and/or videos of the concerned fish. if this cannot be done sometime soon, then the moderating team will need to move this thread to the goldfish discussions forum.

thank you.

I'd really be interested in seeing some pics, if you can get some up here.

Unfortunately, I have not mastered the picture sharing. Also, Goldie is not going to around much longer. This morning she was on her side, and only breathing. She did rally for a while and moved a bit, but I'm afraid it's only temporary.

hello, posting in this forum requires that you make an effort to answer ALL the questions and provide photos and/or videos of the concerned fish. if this cannot be done sometime soon, then the moderating team will need to move this thread to the goldfish discussions forum.

thank you.

I would love to post pictures, but I don't know how.

• Admin

thank you.

I would love to post pictures, but I don't know how.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/95717-how-to-post-pics-photobucket/