I bought a "Tricycle" today! New Fish!

I went back to the pet store where I first seen the Calico Telescope Goldfish. They were the ones with Anchor Worm. Well I wanted to see if there were any left. There were only 2 Orange Pom Poms and just one Calico Tele left. There were 3 Calicos when I first saw them several days ago so I didn't have a selection to choose from today, but I took the last Calico anyway :) It didn't seem to have any big long Anchor Worms like before. Maybe the store owner pulled them all off :idont  When I finished floating her bag in the QT tank I took her out and weighed and measured her.

Weight: 2.6 grams

Length: 1 1/8 inch

Then I examined her in a bowl of water to check her over. I seen a little oval thing on her by her tail. It didn't look like an anchor worm. It looked like possibly a fish louse. I don't know. I took the tweezers and gently pulled it off which came off very easily.

I plan on adding Dimilin to the QT tank with Prazi, and 0.3 salt. (If I could only figure out how much Dimilin to the tank before it arrives in the mail) :no: I might write up a thread in the D&D section when the time comes I suppose.

Here is my newest fish Tricycle: (Thanks to Jared for the name suggestion :D )

102_4442%203.jpg

102_4446%203.jpg

102_4443%202.jpg

102_4447%202.jpg

102_4448%202.jpg

102_4452%202.jpg

The recommended dosage for this Dimilin:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dimilin-X-Koi-Goldfish-Treatment-Anchor-Worm-Fish-Lice-Flukes-diflubenzuron-/321073332408?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac17640b8 is 1 Teaspoon per 500 gallons.  So 1/4 Teaspoon would treat 125 gallons.  Even overdosed 10X, it will not harm fish, plants or the biofilter, so don't worry too much about precision.  It needs to be repeated to kill the other stages of the parasite.

http://www.drjohnson.com/a_article_koi_parasite_disease_treatment_dimilin_diflubenzuron.html

The recommended dosage for dimilin is 1 Teaspoon per 500 gallons.  So 1/4 Teaspoon would treat 125 gallons.  Dimilin can be overdosed to up to 10X with harming fish, plants or the biofilter, so don't worry too much about precision.  It needs to be repeated to kill the other stages of the parasite.

So I should add 1/4 teaspoon to the 10 gallon tank? Or less, like 1/8 teaspoon?

I'm VERY bad at numbers and math :doh11:  :rolleyes:  :blush:

The recommended dosage for dimilin is 1 Teaspoon per 500 gallons.  So 1/4 Teaspoon would treat 125 gallons.  Dimilin can be overdosed to up to 10X with harming fish, plants or the biofilter, so don't worry too much about precision.  It needs to be repeated to kill the other stages of the parasite.

So I should add 1/4 teaspoon to the 10 gallon tank? Or less, like 1/8 teaspoon?

I'm VERY bad at numbers and math :doh11:  :rolleyes:  :blush:

For a 10 gallon, I would do 1/8 or less.  Notice I added some links to my previous post.

Ah yes OK :) Thanks Jared & Lisa :thumbs:  :thanks Maybe I can use an oral syringe to measure it out.

There are tiny measuring spoons you can get that go down to 1/32. I found some on ebay. 

Congrats on the long-awaited Tricycle!  :wub:

Oh cool :) I went to Ebay to find some, thanks for the info ;)

Here are some spoons that are these sizes:

TAD: 1/4 teaspoon

DASH: 1/8 teaspoon

PINCH: 1/16 teaspoon

SMIDGEN: 1/32 teaspoon

DROP: 1/64 teaspoon

So maybe I could use the pinch or the smidgen spoons perhaps

So cute!!! Calico Tele is my dream fish x3

The calico Teles are one of my dream fish too. None of the other pet stores ever carry them, and this is the first time this pet store ever had them so I just had to get one even though she is a bit infested :ill  But I'll try to save her and make her all better!

So cute but soooooo skinny! She's in good hands now. :ehh:wub:

Yeah she is a little sliver of a fish, and Fudgsicle is pretty skinny too. I'm going to try some of Repashy's Soilent Green today to see how they like it ;)

After spending time with Jared yesterday, I think he's rubbing off.  I came up with a new name for another fish for you.

Unicycle, the one eyed fish.  :rofl3

Sorry, I already suggested that for her next single tailed fish  :rofl3