New 40G breeder for my kids

To all, Thanks for all your help these past several weeks. My Coco (my Shabunkin) and Cheetos ( my nephews orange common) are happily swimming in their new 40G tank. They are having a ball. They keep swimming sideways across the bottom because they are seeing their reflection. It is too funny. Lots of room to swim and places to just hang out.

I followed the instructions here and had an easy transition. Thanks again.

image.jpg1.jpg

Awesome! Coco is beautiful. Love the tank and its simple stand, nice clean look. :)

I think are happy. They followed their mirror image around for the first half hour then for the rest of the day they have been happily swimming around. The love to park under the purple plant and behind their rock. The rock is their first decoration so they know it is their home. At this point they are just staring to get too big for the openings in the rock. I like the stand too. I'll be building a shelf on it to put their basket of things.

I'll look up what flashing is but at this point they acting normal. I just did all the API water tests and the water is good. I am so glad they are ok.

Edited by ABB63

Daniel, thanks for the update. They are not rubbing. They are tipping just a little bit because they see their refection on the bottom of teh tank. i placed a black peice of cardboard under the tank and it has sclted like a mirror. They are literlally seeing themselves. Now thattehy are sued to it they are not doing it much anymore. maybe when they feed and are down at the bottom.

A question to everyone, should I get rid of that black carboard under the tank to get rid of the mirror reflection? It is nice beacsue it reflecst teh blue from the background. but if it is making the fish crazy I'll get rid of it.

• Admin

Daniel, thanks for the update. They are not rubbing. They are tipping just a little bit because they see their refection on the bottom of teh tank. i placed a black peice of cardboard under the tank and it has sclted like a mirror. They are literlally seeing themselves. Now thattehy are sued to it they are not doing it much anymore. maybe when they feed and are down at the bottom.

A question to everyone, should I get rid of that black carboard under the tank to get rid of the mirror reflection? It is nice beacsue it reflecst teh blue from the background. but if it is making the fish crazy I'll get rid of it.

I had a fish that did that, reason was she was a Pond fish and wasnt used to seeing the bottom.... If I may suggest....  place some more gravel on the bottom... you dont have to go a thick layer just a thin layer so they cant see so much of the bottom....

I have that in my guppy tank. Just enough so that the bottom cant be seen but if they pick at it you can... :)