Sign in to follow this  
goldfishfanforever

Popeye or telescope eye growth?

How can you tell if a telescope eye goldfish has Popeye?? I thought two of mine had Popeye and treated them for well over a month with Epsom salt with no change and the eyes haven't got any bigger so could it just be eye growth?? And finally my new little telescope I got a while ago is starting to get a ring around his eyes but he is growing so I think it is eye growth. So how do you tell the difference between eye growth and Popeye??

I think it is very difficult. You could load up a picture and see what people think.  In the past, I have seen what I believe to have been clear cases of over treatment of telescope eye issues, so I would be hesitant to treat until many people chime in.

I think it is very difficult. You could load up a picture and see what people think.  In the past, I have seen what I believe to have been clear cases of over treatment of telescope eye issues, so I would be hesitant to treat until many people chime in.

Okay I will try and get some pics but the tank is very dark :(

A pic from above would help . . .

A pic from above would help . . .

I will try to get one later :)

I don't see a problem in the pics, but they're a bit blurry.  Uneven eyes are fairly common in Telescopes especially during growth spurts.

I don't see a problem in the pics, but they're a bit blurry.  Uneven eyes are fairly common in Telescopes especially during growth spurts.

Ok thanks :)

If you can get some clearer pictures (I know it's hard) including the shot from above, that will help us give you a better answer.

If you can get some clearer pictures (I know it's hard) including the shot from above, that will help us give you a better answer.

Ok I will try tomorrow when its clearer to get pics :)

Here's a top view photo (I know its not clear but its the best I could get :()

WP_20150409_14_39_00_Pro_zpsad6yvn52.jpg

Looks like normal growth to me . . .

Looks like normal growth to me . . .

OK thanks it looks like when they swim the eyes move inside the telescope growth which really creeps me out