LED or Fluorescent for Fluval Spec 5

jmetzger72

Hi Everyone,

I just go the Fluval Spec 5 gallon tank for my Betta.  My question is for plant growth (Sword and Anubias), should I use the LED light that came with it or switch to the fluorescent strip light from my 10 gallon that also fits?  I've never used anything but fluorescent :idont

Me too.  I have a single bright LED on my 10 gallon betta with plastic floating plants so the anubias get very very little light.  Yet they look waaaaaaaaay better than the anubias in my 75 gallon . . .  :idont

I'd wait and just see how things grow. Lower quality LEDs can be a bit of a mixed bag, but at least with smaller tanks you have less depth which equals greater PAR at substrate.

Wowwwww your tank looks awesome, and what a beautiful betta :)  Do I see rocks covered in marimo, or are they just oddly shaped marimo balls?

Wowwwww your tank looks awesome, and what a beautiful betta :)  Do I see rocks covered in marimo, or are they just oddly shaped marimo balls?

Thanks!  Those are Fluval moss rocks (fake)  :teehee