White Fungus on Fry!?

aquabubbles

I found two of my fry with fungus. I neglected to take any photos, but it was white and fluffy and on their underside. I took the two out immediately and culled them. I don't want any suffering or diseased fry  :no: I examined the rest of the fry very carefully and they all seem healthy. What could have caused this? Is there any preventive treatments I can use? I do daily water changes along with parameter checks. Every single day, water changes without fail. I do my best to keep the water absolutely pristine. How could this have happened?  :cry I'm worried this could spread and kill all my fry. 

Have you been wiping down their tank or just doing water changes? 

The last few days I have been wiping it all down because I started down 100% water changes. Before that I didn't, I was doing partial water changes. The fungus appeared after I began the 100%+wipe down routine.

Have you been changing with temperature-matched water? 

I try to get it the right temp straight out of the tap, and then I let it sit for a while before putting the fry in so it can get to room temperature (mid 70's). 

What are you keeping them in right now, a tank or a tub? How large and how many fry? Any decor in with them that could be trapping gunk?

My first thought was that the temperature had dropped, or the water you were replacing was too cold. 

Could you please post all parameters from tank and tap water, as well as your feeding schedule and water change schedule? 

I found two of my fry with fungus. I neglected to take any photos, but it was white and fluffy and on their underside.

I took the two out immediately and culled them..

What could have caused this? Is there any preventive treatments I can use? 

Hi  Aquabubbles,  fungus  is a little rare to be found on our young but rapid actions can save them.

You did right and solved the immediate problem but, the fungus is a result of something else which needs to be addressed .

fungus we know can grow on wounds caused by parasites and such  , you said it is on underside of fish, maybe near or on gills area?

prevention  and even cure is easy if done early. the same as we use for hatching and growing fry, salt and  also can be used with methyl blue.

best is to begin this long before spawn and carry on during hatch and first few weeks. that is how i do it with success