Hello :)

Hi everyone :D , 19 year old chronically ill new fish owner living in the washington DC area here

I just got my very first fish ever, five little comet goldfish being kept in a dirty 1 gallon bowl in our building's lobby. I convinced the desk people they were dying, poor things were gasping terribly and the water was disgusting, and took them in. They're in a 10 gallon temporarily but I've ordered a nice roomy 50 gallon that should be here next week, and eventually I think I'll try to rehome them to a pond. One unfortunately passed on the day after I brought them up. Of the others, one is really sick and two others are kinda iffy. Actually I might post about them tomorrow, I think it's flukes exacerbated by the bad bowl and all the moving around but I'm not a thousand percent sure. I'm really determined to save these little guys.

Anyway I've never had any fish experience beyond a few years working in a pet store and an insane amount of research over the last week. I'm so happy there's a place like this to learn and get advice! I'm so ridiculously relieved I found this so I don't have to go it alone. Nice to meet you all :)

-Anna

Hello Anna! Welcome to Koko's :D You sure came to the right place here! You will get great help here ;) It is a great thing that you are trying to save these goldies :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an area of the forum for finding people to fish-sit? It's possible I might end up in the hospital for a few days or weeks in the next month or two and I'm trying to find someone with some experience to take care of them should that happen. So far I've been asking friends and family but nobody reliable has answered. My fishies have been quite sick too and I don't want to hand them off to just anyone who can toss some food in. I need someone who can finish their prazi rounds and do proper water changes and would know what to do if they go downhill again, so I thought here might be a good place to look? Sorry I couldn't find any classifieds sort of area on the forum

Is there an area of the forum for finding people to fish-sit? It's possible I might end up in the hospital for a few days or weeks in the next month or two and I'm trying to find someone with some experience to take care of them should that happen. So far I've been asking friends and family but nobody reliable has answered. My fishies have been quite sick too and I don't want to hand them off to just anyone who can toss some food in. I need someone who can finish their prazi rounds and do proper water changes and would know what to do if they go downhill again, so I thought here might be a good place to look? Sorry I couldn't find any classifieds sort of area on the forum

There is a classifieds section here on Koko's but you have to make 25 posts to be able to post in it. So far you made 22 posts by what it says under your avatar picture :) Maybe you have to make 25 posts to even see that section, but yes it is here.  ;) But what I see is that there is sections for to buy, sell, trade or give away fish or fish related items or product reviews.

You could always ask Koko what section you can put it under too if you'd like :)