Those that have big & small GF in the same tank

Jim_D

I don't know about anyone else but I spread my food far and wide so they have to swim for it :-) as long as I see the little one eat I'm happy.

• Helper

I don't know about anyone else but I spread my food far and wide so they have to swim for it :-) as long as I see the little one eat I'm happy.

I do this as well, spread it out so they have to split up and look for it

All of my fish are pretty much the same size (Under 2 inches) But I have a Telescope goldfish Popsicle that sometimes has a difficult time seeing some of the foods. He can see bigger pellets and bloodworms but he can't see the smaller pellets, Mysis shrimp, and Brine shrimp. So when I feed those foods, I put the other goldies food portion in the tank, then when they all scramble for it on the bottom, I will hand feed Popsicle at the surface to be sure he gets his share.

I do what others above have said, spread it out. Use food that they have to take the time to chew or look for so the other fish have the opportunity to get theirs while the others are distracted. Use sinking food. My littles don't seem to have too much trouble with the big guys keeping them from food. They have learned to be just as pushy.  :teehee

I do what others above have said, spread it out. Use food that they have to take the time to chew or look for so the other fish have the opportunity to get theirs while the others are distracted. Use sinking food. My littles don't seem to have too much trouble with the big guys keeping them from food. They have learned to be just as pushy. :teehee

I agree, my smallest one is also the pushiest, almost head butts the others to get his share of food lol silly fish