Sign in to follow this  
FishGolden187

Help

Well my goldfish have been eating flakes as long as I've had them and after joining this website I tried switching to sinking pellets after I saw a couple people tell me that floating foods aren't the best for goldfish but I think my fish are just so used to eating floating foods they have trouble trying to eat sinking pellets when I watch they miss most of them when they try to eat them and when I do partial water changes I find uneaten pellets tucked away in corners and I know im not giving them too much. I'm thinking I'll either try larger pellets or if someone could point me towards a good floating food.

Do you have a substrate in your tank?  What are you feeding?

I think they will adjust :)

Goldfish are good scavengers. They are also stubborn, but when they get hungry enough they should go looking for the pellets. At least mine did when switching from flakes to sinking pellets! It took them a little while, but they got the hang of it.

It took a little while for my guys to get used to it when I switched, now they automatically start going to the bottom :teehee: