Poop floating

sara10

Sorry for the strange question. I feel like the crazy fish lady who worries too much :teehee

I just noticed that some of the goldfish poop is floating, and was wondering if thats normal. It just happens now and then, but is so visible now that the goldfish are bigger. The color is normal and most of the poop is sinking. I feed them sinking food only, and I soak the food before I feed them. I feed them NSL pellets, hikari pellets, gel food, greens such as spinach and peas, JBL novotab/novofect, earth worm sticks and blood worms.

The water parameters is fine and the filtration is good. The fish are heathy and eats well too.

• Supporter

I will have a stray floaty poo every once in a while in my tank. I just think of it as traped gass. A lot of times you can see the air bubble holding it up. But that's just my experience. :idont

Floaty poo is indicative of a fish swallowing air somehow. Two usual ways are eating bubbles and gulping at the surface. Occasional floaty poo isn't something to worry about. When it gets to be a persistent problem, then we need to look at a cause.

• 2 weeks later...