I hope this is the right place to put this, I could not figure out another place where it belonged. I know some of the members here have and use microscopes to aid in diagnosis of fish diseases. I was wondering what type you guys use, what magnification level yours go to, and where you got them. I am interested in possibly purchasing a microscope for this purpose. I don't really want to go all the way to medical grade equipment, but I'm guessing there must be something out there that is relatively affordable and of a good quality that would work for someone in the hobby level. 

Thanks.

Edited by goldfishgirl82

I'd suggest one that goes to 500x or so.. Can't give any further suggestions, as I haven't bought my own...yet.

There are good prices for them on eBay. Some have USB so you can connect it to your computer and even LCD screens, if you want to go fancy. :teehee

Edited by Chai

Here is an article where Narny made several recommendations for microscopes:

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/aquatic-equipment/microscopes-r517

Thanks Jared. I tried searching for something like this and wasn't able to find it. This will be helpful. :)