Corner filters for 29g tank?

This weekend, I had a leak scare with my 29 gallon tank that houses a blackmoor. Took it all down, set it all back up outside to see where leak was....and 3 days later no sign on any leak or water dripping. I have no clue where the water came from, but the stand has a bit of bubbling to the veneer, which is obviously water damage. The only thing I can figure out from water stains on the lid, is that the bubble wand was spraying the lid, which had an ill fitting plastic piece, and this was all acting like a wick to move water to the corners and down the sides.

But as long as I'm having to redo the tank, I figured I really redo it. I currently have 2 Aquaclear 50s for filters. The intake tubes only reach halfway down the tank, and I've never really been happy with them. I'm thinking of switching to corner filters, but I don't know that they'd work for a goldfish.

Does anyone have experience with corner filters and goldfish? Would it be better to stick with the Aquaclears (but extend the intakes more)? Also, do the 2 filters provide enough surface agitation for a blackmoor without using a bubble wand or airstone?

Also, as long as I'm asking, can a 29 gallon tank support another goldfish? I have 1 moor in there now. She was very active before she got put in a tank by herself and I'm wondering if she's lonely....do fish get lonely? My comets in my other tank are stuck to each other, but I don't know if moors prefer company or not.

Sorry, for the rambling post...and thanks for any answers!

I would stick with the AquaClears. Maybe purchase some extensions for the filter tubes? 

Internal filters are not the best choice for goldfish. When the internal filter is running in the tank, the waste is just being suspended there and not being removed from the main environment. Since goldfish produce a lot of waste, it's really more important to get the waste out of the main water column. When you turn off the internal filters, the waste has the opportunity to just go right back into the tank, unlike with external filters.

As for how much room you need for 2 fish, I would just stick with having 1 fish in the 29. While the recommended amount of water per fish is 15-20 gallons, it would be optimal to keep as close to the 20 as possible so that you don't have to worry about upgrading quickly. 2 fish in 29 gallons would produce quite a bit of waste. 

I personally think that a 29 gallon is perfect for two fancies.  Not for the full-grown monster-sized fish you see in the online auctions -- but for two small to mid-size goldfish, I think a 29 is ideal, as long as you keep in mind that someday, if you're lucky, your fish *may* grow large enough to need an upgrade.

That said, you would need to be diligent about tank maintenance and never skimp on or skip water changes.  Large (I do 85-90%) water changes are your friend!

I agree with what both people above me said. A 29 is fine for 2 small or medium fish and I do think they would appreciate the company. 2 large goldfish in a 29 would be a lot of work.

I have had dripping occur in the past in tropical tanks from exactly that... Water on the improper fitting lid, dropping down the side of the tank. I sometimes ended up using plastic wrap and heavy duty tape to cover the gap.

Edited by Chai

I agree with Chelsea that the 2 AC 50s would be better than the internal filters (for several reasons).  I would just order the extensions.  Also, with 2 AC 50s on the tank, you could just eliminate the airstone altogether which would solve the dripping problem.

http://www.amazon.com/AquaClear-Extension-Tube-Power-Filters/dp/B0002563KO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427833079&sr=8-1&keywords=aqua+clear+extension+tube

I also agree with the others that a 29 is fine for 2 small to medium sized fish, but probably not large enough for 2 large Goldfish.