Can you change a reef tank to fresh water?

Found a 125G on craigslist for $150, but it was used as a reef tank. 

There may be cracks, but wanted to find out if it can be cleaned enough to become fresh water or if it's not a good idea, before I ask about the cracks.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/for/4926468558.html

If there are cracks, I would not get it. Most saltwater tanks can be cleaned for use as freshwater tanks. Having any structural instability when the tank is that big though is just not worth it IMO.

The braces can be repaired..glass...not worth it really..unless the tank is free and you've got someone professional who can cut you a deal on replacing it. :idont

There might be mineral deposits left over from the reef tanks but it's nothing that some vinegar and scrubbing won't fix up. :)

The 125 definitely has cracks in the black support trim. Truth be told I would keep looking unless you or someone you know is confident they can install new trim. A 125 is so heavy that I won't even consider moving one myself, even if I could. It is a substantial piece and if there is any doubt I would pass on it and keep looking.