Sign in to follow this  
goldfish_oranda

My baby orandas:)

Here is a video of my cuties Can you detect something unnatural in the way they swim or I mistakly feel this?http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/Katerina020/media/Mobile Uploads/2015-03/MOV_1270_zpsi9moyeaf.mp4.html

They look to be swimming just fine...They're very active and perky, that's a great sign. :heart You're doing a good job with them despite their circumstances. :) They'll be sooooo ecstatic once you're able to upgrade for them.

Happy goldfish are like little flies, always buzzing around and looking for something. :rofl

I wanted to have a couple(a male and a female) so I am in dilemma.I think about returning(oh this word is so hard to tell)the one and keeping the other alone till I get a bigger tank.I am really anxious about which decision would be more favorable for them.Furthermore,I read that the liters is way too little for two fishes so it made me to consider more seriously the possibility of giving the one as I do not have the ability to buy a larger tank immediately.Is this decision selfish? I don't know what to do...

Has anyone been in a similar position?

We had two fish once, and because our tank was too small and we were not really aware of the need for frequent water changes, one eventually died.  Our fish, Newton (the picture in my signature) then lived happily as an only fish in a 60 litre for years.  In many circumstances it is better to have a happy singular fish than two unhappy fish.  Only you can make the decision of what works for you, though.

I am really confused about returning the fish at the Pet Shop

Is it going to be alright?

Thank you very much for the reply!!!

Edited by goldfish_oranda

Can you post a photo of them in a container outside the tank and from above? We may be able to help you determine their sex. :)

Bottom one appears to be female.. Can't tell for the top one..*squints* :hmm

I just observed that there is a hole in the upper fin of my fish and I have freaked out

I also decided to keep both of them as I can't stand letting it at the Pet Shop and left!!!

Edited by goldfish_oranda

Having a tank without breeding fish chasing and harassing one another is great, but that's just me. :rofl3

They're so little awwww!!! :heart

Your orandas are incredibly pretty and sweet :)  You sound like you are doing a great job.  I don't have gold fish yet but do have 5 freshwater tanks at this point and had to learn quickly too.  My only suggestion would be to consider buying a second filter until you can upgrade your tank.  You can get them reasonably priced and add your own filter media.  It will help keep water parameters more stable after it cycles and then can be moved to your new tank whenever you can upgrade.  I hope I can find pretty fish like yours when I get my tank ready :D

:hi Kalosorises sto Kokos, Katerina!

Ta psarakia sou enai koukles! :heart

Γεια σου Κατερινα, καλως ηρθες!!! Τα ψαρια σου ειναι πολυ ομορφα και χαριτωμενα!!!

Οσο για το Seachem Prime, το βρισκεις λιγο δυσκολα σε Pet shop αλλα μπορεις να το παραγγειλεις online. Τις περισσοτετες φορες μαλιστα, βγαινει πιο φτηνα. ;) Να καποια λινκ:

http://m.petsupermarket.gr/6416/product/seachem-prime-100ml.html

http://www.pet4u.gr/seachem-prime.html

Καλη τυχη και αν χρειαστεις κατι, το εχω ψαξει πολυ το θεμα. ;)

Hello Katerina and Welcome to the forum,

Both your fish are beautiful.  I really like the red and white one a lot.  I have just males in my tank and actually love the idea of not having the responsibility of possibly having eggs and fry.  It seems very rewarding but at the same time a lot of work that I'm not wanting to do at this time.  I have a lot of respect for members that have raised some fry. :) 

So cute! Good luck with them! I'm inexperienced too, but everyone here is so helpful.

Hi,I just updated my tank and changed the rocks.I think that this is a much more easily way to keep the tank cleaner.Though I am not sure if I am going to keep the current rocks or take some off.What do you think?

IMG_20150407_164239_zpswallwy4d.jpg

Your tank and Goldfish are beautiful!!!!

Your tank looks very neat and clean. Lovely :)