Large red patch on wen -- Spawning Injury (bruise?) or septicemia?

I feel like all I do anymore is make posts on here about my sick goldfish! It seems that whenever it seems like I can just relax and enjoy these guys again, something else comes up!

So...Turbz has a giant red patch on her wen now. I noticed it this morning, and it wasn't quite as red. I was at work for most of the night, and when I got home it was darker. She is eating and swimming around, and being her normal silly self. I do see eggs in the tank, so it's completely plausible that this is a bruise-like injury from spawning. Do goldfish get bruises? Even the fact that it got darker throughout the day would be consistent with bruising?

I can do the form more in-depth tomorrow, but I just tested a few things quickly this morning, so I'll summarize: 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 10 nitrate, 8.2 ph. 60 gallon tank with 4 fish. Two water changes per week, had been doing 50%, but have been increasing the percentage lately. Last PWC was on Friday. 1 cannister filter, 1 HOB Penguin 200, and an airstone. No meds in the tank currently, just some salt -- less than 0.1%

IMG_20150329_233603497_zpsdtqdc7qz.jpg

:hi I'm sorry Turbz isn't feeling well :hug

The mods will most likely want you to put her in a QT tank with .1% salt to start. What meds do you have on hand? Is there and actual hole in the wen, or is it just on the top of the wen?

Here's the form for later so you don't have to go looking for it. :)

* Ammonia Level(Tank)

* Nitrite Level(Tank)

* Nitrate level(Tank)

* Ammonia Level(Tap)

* Nitrite Level(Tap)

* Nitrate level(Tap)

* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)

* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?

* Water temperature?

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?

* How often do you change the water and how much?

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?

* How many fish in the tank and their size?

* What kind of water additives or conditioners?

* What do you feed your fish and how often?

* Any new fish added to the tank?

* Any medications added to the tank?

* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.

* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?

* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

Edited by Mikey

Hi :) No hole in the wen...just the redness. It looks the same as of this evening, but she's still acting normal. Getting ready to do a big water change here...

* Ammonia Level(Tank) 0
* Nitrite Level(Tank) 0
* Nitrate level(Tank) 10
* Ammonia Level(Tap) 0.25-0.5
* Nitrite Level(Tap) 0
* Nitrate level(Tap) 5
* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 8.2
* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 8.0-8.2
Other Required Info:
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
* Water temperature? 74 degrees F
* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 60g, since December
* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Penguin 200 HOB, API Filstar XP3/Large canister
* How often do you change the water and how much? 2x per week, had been doing 50%, but going to focus on doing 75-90% for the next few weeks
* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Friday, 75%
* How many fish in the tank and their size? 4 -- 1 Ranchu/Lionhead, about 3.75", 3 Orandas -- 1 about 3", and 2 about 2.5-2.75"
* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime, little bit of salt in there right now
* What do you feed your fish and how often? Hikari saki pellets, frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms, peas occasionally
* Any new fish added to the tank? no
* Any medications added to the tank? no
* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. 3 week Prazi and 0.3% salt treatment
* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? no
* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? no