• * Ammonia Level(Tap) 0
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap) 0
    • * Nitrate level(Tap) 5ppm
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 8.0 KH/6
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.2 KH/3
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
      • * Water temperature? 72
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 40 6 months
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? 2 AC 70s (300 gph each)
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? every 4 days 50%
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? today 50%
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 2 both around 5-6" each
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime, Florish, Baking soda, and occasionally Koi Clay
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? A variety of Progold, Hikari lionhead, YFS Green Supreme, NLS Thera-A, Roamine lettuce, Cucumbers, Peas, Repashy, Seaweed sheets, Frozen bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp. It's a constant mix fed small portions 2-3x a day.
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? No but there is an Apple snail that was added from my 10g guppy tank a week ago, but he was QT for a month and observed before he was added
  • * Any medications added to the tank? No
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. .03% salt at the instruction of a mod for several weeks if I remember correctly when fish first arrived in Oct 2014. Regular dose of prazi and salt of .01% (4 rounds) in November 2014, .01% salt a month and half ago to treat a red spot on Citrus per instructions of mod and cleared after a few days of treatment. 
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? frayed tail fin (left side)
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Eating and acting normal. He does occasionally bottom sit like a resting period but he has been that way since I got him. 

Note: I was going to give both fish a maintenance 2 rounds of prazi and no salt soon as I was going to be adding another fish into main tank who is currently in QT with salt and prazi treatments until I find a bigger tank for all of them. If there is medication to be administered please note that I do not have another available QT as I have 2 already in use ( one has fry in it) and I do have live plants and snail in main tank. ( I could find another container for them if needed)

Meds I have on hand

Metro Med

Medi Gold

T.C.Tetracycline

Metronidazole

Kanaplex

Salt

Melafix  

Epsom 

I just don't know what is going wrong or what i am doing wrong as I am strict on WC's and water perams are always excellent.. Citrus the Oranda is not a nipper and I have watched to see if she was bullying him and she isn't so I am not sure. Thanks guys for your help :)

Left tail fin

20150325_174718_zpsdnvd3v2i.jpg

20150325_174746_zpspksykkgg.jpg

20150325_175139_zpsgtjovufo.jpg

Edited by Cdionne77

It's only the left side?  Can we have a full tank shot?  :idont

Mostly on the left, and yup give me a minute and I'll get that pic up

I really doubt this is fin rot knowing your good husbandry.  Are you sure there's been no chasing lately.  These two are a mated pair, correct?  If not, maybe do the maintenance Prazi rounds and see if that clears this up.

I really doubt this is fin rot knowing your good husbandry.  Are you sure there's been no chasing lately.  These two are a mated pair, correct?  If not, maybe do the maintenance Prazi rounds and see if that clears this up.

I'm pretty sure no chasing is going on, but I will keep a watchful mother hen eye on them. And correct they are a mated pair. Should I start the prazi rounds anyway?, and I will post any changes good or bad. Thank you for a sense of relief because I was worried and really scratching my head looking back at WC notes and trying to see if I missed something along the way. Thanks again Jared 

Edited by Cdionne77

Update on Skipper, tail looking better. Round 2 of Prazi started today. I still haven't notice any bullying in the tank unless it happens at night but so far tail is not worse than before.