Salt and 'your' goldfish

Jim_D

How do you find your goldfish find salt at 0.3%?

All of them totally nonplussed?

Do you have some that you think don't care much for it? Do some act somewhat different to when they're in total FW?

How do you find your goldfish find salt at 0.3%?

All of them totally nonplussed?

Do you have some that you think don't care much for it? Do some act somewhat different to when they're in total FW?

I have never noticed any issues with any of mine, but I also don't scrutinize for issues either. :)

I had a little white with red butterfly telescope who couldn't tolerate salt at at .3%. It literally turned her white purple and she was sluggish/lethargic. She had ich when I got her, so I had to treat her with meds instead and get her out of the salt.

Haven't found the .3% salt to be a problem with my many other fish over the years, though.

Totally unphased, but the tank has to be plantless for the duration.

The little ones in QT right now don't mind it at all..must feel nice to have those parasites dying off as well. :)

Not knowing any better I used salt in my tank for years. It did not seem to affect my goldfish. I was using it at a rate of 10 metric teaspoon per 10 litres. I am not sure what % that would make