Black growth on oranda wen

shihpuff

image_8.jpg I saw this growth on my orandas wen this evening which is weird because it was not there yesterday??? Just did a wc 3 days ago 100% I do them every six days. He's in a 110 gallon stock tub with 4 other Goldie's. Edited by shihpuff

Test Results for the Following:

* Ammonia Level(Tank)0

* Nitrite Level(Tank)0

* Nitrate level(Tank)10

* Ammonia Level(Tap)0

* Nitrite Level(Tap)0

* Nitrate level(Tap)0

* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)7.5

* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)6.4

Other Required Info:buff up ph with baking soda

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?api drops

* Water temperature?71

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?110 gallons almost a year

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?two aquatop cf500uv

* How often do you change the water and how much?every 6 days 100%

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?100% 3 days ago

* How many fish in the tank and their size? 5 med-large Goldie's

* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime and vita chem

* What do you feed your fish and how often? Nls pellets, spirulina and beef heart flakes, duckweed

* Any new fish added to the tank?no

* Any medications added to the tank?no

I would just observe for a bit and see if it fades.  Let us know if it begins to redden or ulcerate.

When doing such large water changes, are you able to get the pH of your tap water up to that of the tank "before" adding it to the tank?

Every wc I take everyone out and put them in a seperate tub. I add baking soda to the new water and it buffs it up to 7.5 and it stays there till the next wc. Thank you Jared! I will observe it and let you know if anything changes. Should I add salt to the tank or anything?

Every wc I take everyone out and put them in a seperate tub. I add baking soda to the new water and it buffs it up to 7.5 and it stays there till the next wc. Thank you Jared! I will observe it and let you know if anything changes. Should I add salt to the tank or anything?

Gotcha!  

I don't think you need to add anything at this point :)

Now I've got another one from the same tank and she is gulping a lot at the surface and her tail has red streaks in it. She's a bit lethargic she will swim then rest, swim then rest but mostly gulping at the surface. She's still eating normally

• Admin

It's snowing duckweed in this tank incase you are wondering. I moved her to my 40 breeder so I could keep an eye on her

I would like you to do for now... If you still have the Silver?

If you do and its the 500ppms... I would like you to do is 4 drops in the tank... Also a 2 drop in a 1-2 gallon bowl and place the fish in there with tank water for 30 mins... Then back into the tank with Silver..

• Admin

Thank you Koko. Do I do the dip once daily?

Lets be more aggressive and do two of them :)

Do 4 drops in a bowl hun...

We are going to do this for 3-4 days .. keep reporting with photos if you can.. if this doesnt start to go away we might need more powerful stuff :)

image_12.jpgShe's just been sitting like this in the corner of the tank. I think the silver baths maybe stressing her? Her tail has gotten more red streaks. My other orange oranda who I originally made the post for well his spot has disappeared and he's totally fine acting normally.