HomerJay's Tanks

HomerJay

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also fighting the good CL fight, and don't understand why people want so ###### much for a used aquarium.  If you find a nearby deal for a 75, please let me know.

Will do :thumbs:

More pics of your new fish :please  I think I may steal the R&W.  :teehee

I'll try to upload some today and... :bat:

I've never seen/posted your topic before.  I enjoyed seeing all of your tanks.  I didn't know you had so many.  You must enjoy them a lot.  They are all beautiful.  Fish, Plants, and Tanks. :)  Love your new fish.  Congrats on finding them.  You can not beat that price at all.  I have my Crowned Pearlscale that I bought at Petco three years ago that was a little fish and about $4 and now he's a big beautiful boy with a ping pong roundness. :)

I've never seen/posted your topic before.  I enjoyed seeing all of your tanks.  I didn't know you had so many.  You must enjoy them a lot.  They are all beautiful.  Fish, Plants, and Tanks. :)  Love your new fish.  Congrats on finding them.  You can not beat that price at all.  I have my Crowned Pearlscale that I bought at Petco three years ago that was a little fish and about $4 and now he's a big beautiful boy with a ping pong roundness. :)

Thanks! I do enjoy them all. I wish I had more, but I would need a second job.

• 4 weeks later...

Great new fish.  I love lemonhead ranchu.  In one of my fantasy tanks, I have a moor and a lemonhead ranchu.

Thanks Susanne. She is a cool fish and has a great face.

She is just so sweet. Trade you for one of my tele fry! :lol2

Really nice looking fish Rob.

I like the name too.

Tank looks great...never tire looking at it.

Congrats.

Thanks Mike! She came with that name. She was named before they discovered she was a female. I figured I'd keep it since they did :thumb:

Your arrangement of different plants look great in your tank.  Beautiful. :)

You always take such awesome photo's of your fish also.  Congrats on your new Moor.  She looks like she should be wearing some false eye lashes for some reason in post #53. hehehe  I love that photo.

Your arrangement of different plants look great in your tank.  Beautiful. :)

You always take such awesome photo's of your fish also.  Congrats on your new Moor.  She looks like she should be wearing some false eye lashes for some reason in post #53. hehehe  I love that photo.

:thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey again, I am just wondering...it looks like you have 6 goldfish in a 55 gallon.  How often and how large of water changes do you do?  What are your parameters like before you do a water change?  Not picking on you at all, your tanks look so great and I am just curious as to how the maintenance schedule works out with for you :)

Just a quick posting of my current tanks. Pictures could be better, but you can make out most of it.

55G Goldfish

20150322_155258_zpsj2oc7spy.jpg

I like the way the plants make the divided tanks look...not divided.  :teehee 

Your Oranda looks like king of his castle! king-dictator.gif

Do you have a lot of chus? :heart

I think my favorite is your blue betta (with white trim tail) :wub:

Hi HomerJay.... :hi

I'm Sorry, I know this is an old post of yours, but I just found your thread, and I just had to tell you....

They are amazing tanks....

But what I like most of all??? I agree with TikiLola... your beautiful oranda looks like he is ordering his subjects to 'form a neat and orderly line'..... :teehee

Edited by Ree

Hey again, I am just wondering...it looks like you have 6 goldfish in a 55 gallon.  How often and how large of water changes do you do?  What are your parameters like before you do a water change?  Not picking on you at all, your tanks look so great and I am just curious as to how the maintenance schedule works out with for you :)

Josie, I only had it like this temporarily. I do weekly 90% water changes. I also have multiple filters on each tank. I never really test the water unless I see an issue. The only time I have seen an issue is when I cleaned my filters too aggressively and caused a cycle spike.

• Admin

Josie, I only had it like this temporarily. I do weekly 90% water changes. I also have multiple filters on each tank. I never really test the water unless I see an issue. The only time I have seen an issue is when I cleaned my filters too aggressively and caused a cycle spike.

Ive done that to many times :teehee

I'm incredibly jealous of all of your tanks.  Seriously, every one of them is beautiful!  I would love to have a space in my house I could dedicate to just tanks.

Curious...how do you have the pothos in the goldfish tank?  Are they just floating or...?  Also, what did you use for mesh in the betta tanks?  Do you notice any issues with water quality being not as good on the side the filter is not on, or is there enough water exchange through the mesh?

Ive done that to many times :teehee

Yep, me too. Usually I wait too long then over-compensate.  :doh11:

I'm incredibly jealous of all of your tanks.  Seriously, every one of them is beautiful!  I would love to have a space in my house I could dedicate to just tanks.

Curious...how do you have the pothos in the goldfish tank?  Are they just floating or...?  Also, what did you use for mesh in the betta tanks?  Do you notice any issues with water quality being not as good on the side the filter is not on, or is there enough water exchange through the mesh?

Thanks Reds. The Pothos are just wedged in behind filters and lids and spray bars.

I use craft mesh for the dividers.  You can get it at Michaels or AC Moore or any craft store really. I haven't noticed any water quality issues, but I do notice that one side will get dirtier than the other. I just siphon the bottom with an airline tube when it builds up. I have the intake on one side of the mesh and the return on the other, so I think it keeps the water moving pretty evenly.