HomerJay's Tanks

HomerJay

Just a quick posting of my current tanks. Pictures could be better, but you can make out most of it.

40G Betta sorority

20150322_155341_zpsbgrrdywn.jpg

55G Goldfish

20150322_155325_zpsa2a5pzco.jpg

55G Goldfish

20150322_155258_zpsj2oc7spy.jpg

10G Divided Betta

20150322_155230_zpsjgctnwfd.jpg

10G Divided Betta

20150322_155216_zpswcs58agx.jpg

Setups

20150322_155405_zpsxqx66xra.jpg

10g's

20150322_155423_zpsqch69nbh.jpg

Edited by HomerJay

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome tanks! Those tanks are so beautiful with all those pretty plants. I miss my Betta Sorority tank that I used to have in my 30 gallon tank. Some mysterious sickness took all but 2 survivors, one was a Betta, the other was one of the Cory cats. I couldn't stand to try to start my sorority over again because of fear of heartbreak. So after I sanitized the tank I went to mixed tropical fish instead. But I may want to start a smaller sorority in my 20 gallon long tank some day.

I like the way the plants make the divided tanks look...not divided.  :teehee 

Your Oranda looks like king of his castle! king-dictator.gif

Do you have a lot of chus? :heart

I think my favorite is your blue betta (with white trim tail) :wub:

Thanks all!! They are constantly changing. They will all probably look different in a week or two.

I like the way the plants make the divided tanks look...not divided.  :teehee 

Your Oranda looks like king of his castle! king-dictator.gif

Do you have a lot of chus? :heart

I think my favorite is your blue betta (with white trim tail) :wub:

I actually only have one chu. The others are lionheads, or lionhead/chu mixes since they are the parents of my fry.

Very very nice! How do the betta girls get along? I've always wanted to try a sorority.

Love the white sand and black backgrounds on the GF tanks. The fish's colors really pop!

The girls get along pretty well. I see some beat up fins once in a while, but I have never seen an actual fight. There is a dominant female, and the others seem to accept it. They say the key is a jungle of plants, so I throw as many in there as possible.

I need to visit those tanks :thud and possibly pick a little something up for Cat :teehee

I don't think Cat is going to have any room once her new fish shows up :lol2

They look beautiful, Rob.  I love your big orange oranda.

Thanks Susanne. She is one of my favorites also. She is always popping water out of the tank to get my attention if i don't feed them as soon as I walk in the room.

:hi5 you're tanks are incredible and immaculate, Rob :clapping:

I love the anubias wood piece in the one goldfish tank :D

And of coarse the betta sorority tank is an amazing aquatic jungle nest :heart I'm sure that's why the ladies love it :ehh

Very cool, Rob! How many betta girls do you have in there? I think I saw five. Thanks for sharing. :)

I have 10. I had 11, but one disappeared. I have never found a trace of her. :idont

• Supporter

Very cool, Rob! How many betta girls do you have in there? I think I saw five. Thanks for sharing. :)

I have 10. I had 11, but one disappeared. I have never found a trace of her. :idont
I had that happen a couple of times in my sorority. Gone without a trace :idont

Now I have to go back to the pic and see if I can spot any more. :)

Beautiful set Rob.

I love the plants you used to decorate the tanks.

You beta tanks (10 G) are my favorite.

Is there a clear divider, or would that stress them out seeing each other?

It's a black mesh, so they can see each other. I am pretty sure my red betta is blind so he doesn't mess with his neighbor at all and the other 2 flare at each other when they feel like it, but don't seem to mind each other most of the time.

:o. How do you have time to work? :o

Gorgeous tanks!! I can't pick a favorite. :teehee

Thanks Lisa! It's actually not too bad with maintenance. I'm not a stickler for algae removal except for the front glass plus I have help from my ghost shrimp and snails and plecos. On the tropical tanks I do about 50% water change so they are fast. I can drain 50% the 10's in about 30 seconds so it's not too bad. The two goldfish tanks take the longest.

I am thinking of changing the sorority back to goldfish eventually. I jumped into the sorority when i was having all of my goldfish problems and losses, but they just don't have the personality of goldfish, and that I part I really miss.