Restarting my 10g came to a halt...

So my new EcoComplete substrate and aquaclear 20 came in two days ago and I started to work on replacing my old ecocomplete today. So I put all my plants in a bowl with my aquarium water than I toke my tank to the backyard and dumped my old substrates in my backyard. But some disaster came out of nowhere...

So I use my backyard garden hose all the time to rinse or clean my aquarium filters, and today I used it for cleaning my aquarium. Strangely, the water pressure was very low so I rinsed it as much as I could and toke to my bathtub (with the water hose faucet still on). 10 min later after letting my empty aquarium soak in vinegar, I went to the basement to get my phone, and I realized,

my basement flooded...

my unfinished side of my basement (i use for storage) flooded, a good amount of water was on the floor (3inch deep) =_= the garden hose was clearly to blame, i quickly shut the faucet off and it stopped flooding. 

So yeah, none of the aquarium equipment was harmed since I put all of them on the table. but luckily my friend's dad came to help out and we drained all the water with a shopvac. So now, I have shut off the water main and the garden faucet. 

Will my plants be alright in the bowl sitting there for long periods of time? This is so much stress...

Put them in a bowl near a window, they'll be okay. Some of mine for my trop tank were in a little hex shaped 1.5g near a window and I'd put a couple of drops of ferts in there for them. They were there maybe two weeks, they grew a bit. :)

Put them in a bowl near a window, they'll be okay. Some of mine for my trop tank were in a little hex shaped 1.5g near a window and I'd put a couple of drops of ferts in there for them. They were there maybe two weeks, they grew a bit. :)

Since they're in the basement, I guess I'll move them upstairs. 

Update: got my basement cleaned...we still need to fix that broken pipe

Sorry to hear about the basement! They should be okay provided they are fertilised and get some light. Why were you changing the Eco complete?

Sorry to hear about the basement! They should be okay provided they are fertilised and get some light. Why were you changing the Eco complete?

I actually had EcoComplete, but I just want to replace the EcoComplete with a new EcoComplete because its almost three years old and its best to just purchase a new substrate for $26 that'll last for another couple years.

So yeah, my basement is fine now, alot of things got wet but they were the stuff in storage that we didn't use anymore. I discovered that the pipe was still frozen so the water had no where to go...which caused the pipe to burst and flood my basement =_= this is the first time since 2006 that my basement got flooded.

Edited by wteoh1