Does your frozen Bloodworms smell?

Jim_D

Mine do :(

To the extent that it worried me feeding them so I didn't.

I went and bought some more from a different LFS and they have the same pong to them.

Is this normal?

I've never given them a good whiff, but I'd have to say no. I have gotten them and found them to be brown, not red, when defrosted, and I did throw those away.

Do they stink, like, from a distance? Or are you getting your nose right up in there?

Edited by RanchuDressing

I just gave mine a good whiff right from the freezer and I smell nothing, although they could have a different smell when defrosted but I have never noticed :idont

There must be something wrong with these then. I live in a rural area and I'd hazard a guess that they have defrosted coming from the supplier in Sydney.

They are most definitely woofy to the nose, I am putting my nose virtually right on them though. They do look bright red and OK.

Better to be safe than sorry I suppose.

I had my nose right on mine as well with one opened and I didn't smell a thing...I would get rid of them. I'm not sure the fish would get sick if they ate them but I would hate to take the chance.... It stinks (no pun intended :teehee ) that you have to get rid of them.

They're AquaOne brand.

A large sheet, but in cube sized breakable pieces (if that makes sense).

I haven't bought frozen foods for so long, but when I did they were always Hikari brand.

Edited by Jim

They're AquaOne brand.

A large sheet, but in cube sized breakable pieces (if that makes sense).

I haven't bought frozen foods for so long, but when I did they were always Hikari brand.

I feel like the individually wrapped cubes are easier to keep fresh.

The internet needs 'stink-O-smell' so that I can let you all take a whiff, for your learned, considered prognosis, of my worms :)