• * Ammonia Level(Tap) 
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap) 0
    • * Nitrate level(Tap) 5
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) PH 8.0 KH/6
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.2 KH/3
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
      • * Water temperature? 71
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 20 gal QT running a few weeks with seeded media
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Aqueon 30 (200gph)
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? every other day. will be doing 50 or 100% depending on gunk factor in QT tank
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? today 100%
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 1 about an inch
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime and baking soda
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? 3 small meals throughout day. Pro gold, froze brine shrimp, NLS pellets 
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? no
  • * Any medications added to the tank? Morton's canning salt
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Salt at .01% since this past Sunday
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? blood streaked pec fins
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Occasional darting around  

So this baby Oranda  I got on Sunday, and he has blood streaked fins. Previous owner said they were not like that on that Friday and that this is a new thing.Since with me he has been in a 20gal QT for 2 days with a salt concentration of .01% in hopes that the streaking would go away with just the salt and pristine water since he hasn't had that before...

No visible change to his bloody fins in the past 48 hours since salt treatment. He eats fine and is swimming well with some occasional darting behavior. I didn't want to jump the gun so I figured I would observe for 48hrs. As I see no improvement and no signs of healing I don't want to lag on this either in case it is some internal infection and not just a bruise... Thanks everyone... My pics are horrible I know sorry my camera is beyond junk

Left pec fin is worse than the right pic is from today

IMG_20150317_12505_edit_1426611090732_zp

IMG_20150317_12505_edit_1426611090732_zp

pic from sunday

output_zpsru6l2ybf.jpg

output_zpswlxysaeh.jpg

Ok I'm having a hard time uploading a vid, but the erratic swimming is he will swim normal for a little bit then all of a sudden he will spaz out like twitching and swim right into whatever he is near. He took a good bump into the filter intake poor thing :(

Often now as I think I found his new name lol... This occurred today as yesterday he wasn't doing this

Edited by Cdionne77

I was going to start him on Prazi but wasn't sure because of his bloody fins incase I had to medicate and the WC schedule on prazi and some meds like tetracycline are different. So I figu I would hold off on the prazi

Redness at the base of the pectorals is a sign of flukes but with the darting/spazzing I'd be tempted to get some prazi going. 

Is your pH stable/staying at 8?

Yes I use baking soda and its stable at 8

I'm going to start the prazi at regular dose... Now question... The 3 babies I tookout of the 20 to put him in are in a tub right now. Do you think it's a good idea to put them in the 20 with him and treat all with the prazi since I was going to treat them anyway until this little guy came along and took their tank lol

Edited by Cdionne77

Update:::::

Red streaks are gone :nana  End of round 1 prazipro tomorrow. Thought I saw signs of ick but it turned out to be little air bubbles on his tail. Happy little fish, eating fine although he is not fond of pellet food mostly because I think he was only fed flakes by previous owner  :doh11: but I'm soaking the pellets longer than I normally do so it's easier for him. He still darts a little but but we are still early on the prazi rounds. All in all, QT going well :D and he's 7g..such a little thing considering the other piggies are 68g and 97g... Eventually life in the 40 breeder will be intersting

Edited by Cdionne77