Sign in to follow this  
Jim_D

What's your oldest Goldfish?

The large comet (not the greatest photo) is almost 12 years old (in May) and the large fantails are all 8 years old.

16654518649_a3b9e975f1_b.jpg

All my fish are still very young and I have had them for less than a year. They were all less than 1 1/2 inches when I got them.

In the past when I was a kid , my oldest Goldfish lived for 5 years that I won at the County Fair. That is way before we knew proper care for goldfish.

I'm amazed at how old your goldfish are already! You did a great job with them ;) I hope my little goldies live that long or longer!

To be honest I haven't don't much more than daily feeds, water changes when I back flush the filter once a week and a biyearly clean of the filter (200 gallon filter filled with nylon trawler net and marsh plants growing in the top).

My oldest in the pond is 19 this year I think.

:yikes  Holy Mackerel!

Yeah I got 5 of them back in 1st grade. Commits I had in a 10gal tank with guppies. Lol one died but the 4 lived in it for while (i dont remember now how long) before we moved them to the pond. They all lived for around 15years. They they started dieing off one at a time. Now I just have one of the 5 original.

Edited by Daniel E.

My Oldest was Google, A telescope eye, I had him since May 2008

Now my oldest is Tiger, A comet, I've had him since July 2008

Edited by FishyMandy

Our current oldest is Swimmie our fantail.  She is almost 6.  :D

My two are about 7ish years old. I can't remember when I got them...but i have life markers that help me. Like I have had them the whole time I have been dating my boyfriend and we have been together for almost six years.

Well I dont have any Goldfish right now but my oldest I every had was Pharoh... He passed at 9 years old. :(

phtop.jpg

It's so awesome seing everyone's oldies. Mine are still very young but growing up my dad kept goldfish that lived well past ten years. Back then there was no internet so all trial and error but one thing he did know was the importance of WC.. After seeing me with goldfish he's been itching to get another 100 gal and getting back into it

The oldest I ever had was about 7 years.  I got him back when you could buy feeder goldies for a few pennies.  I was about 9 maybe, and knew nothing about fish obviously...he lived with a few neons and a betta in a 10 gallon.  At least I was one of those kids ontop of my pets and did water changes a few times a week.  Those poor fish!

Right now my oldest are a couple of pond fish around 3.5 years old.  My husband was supposed to go get a few mosquito fish for a 15-20ish gallon water garden I had and he bought 3 pond comets instead that were only about 3/4 of an inch tip to tail...we now have a 600 gallon pond.  So much for a small water garden haha!  Really shows how things can change on a whim, huh? lol

My tele will be 6yrs (approx) this October. Fins crossed x

My oldest is Mr T my fantail. He's 2 :)

My oldest is my Oranda Lace. She will be 4 year's old.

My oldest two are right around 2 years old.

Mine are still babies, but my current life goal is to break the world record LOL. I think it's like 44 years?

Does anyone know how to tell how old fish are when you purchase them? My shubunkins are approx 2.5" body length, they're the biggest in the pond at the moment.

How great is that!

Well I dont have any Goldfish right now but my oldest I every had was Pharoh... He passed at 9 years old. :(

phtop.jpg

Oh koko I hadn't realized you didn't have any goldfish ATM. Do you plan to get back into keeping?

phtop.jpg

Oh koko I hadn't realized you didn't have any goldfish ATM. Do you plan to get back into keeping?

Yes once Justine is alittle bit older and I can make a lid for the pond better :)

phtop.jpg

Yes once Justine is alittle bit older and I can make a lid for the pond better :)

May I ask who Justine is?daughter?

Also, what kind of goldfish do you see yourself purchasing g?

Yup she is my Daughter, there are lots of Video's of her in the Off topic area.....Shes 2...

But anyway....

when I do get it back together again, Im thinking of Wakin's Or Shunkins :)

Yup she is my Daughter, there are lots of Video's of her in the Off topic area.....Shes 2...

But anyway....

when I do get it back together again, Im thinking of Wakin's Or Shunkins :)

I'll have to go check her out!

Awe I love shubbies!

My oldest are my shubunkin and my telescope, bought the same day (originally belonged to my mother) and are 12 later this year :)