Got A New Toy!

eather.hey

I thought I was excited when I got my 50 foot python...but yesterday I bought one of those magnetic algae scrappers! The thing that has two magnets...one for inside the tank and one for outside the tank and then you move it around from the outside and it cleans the algae on the inside. That thing is the greatest! I can finally see through to the back of my tank and I didn't even have to get my hands and arms wet. What an invention. Why didn't I think of that?! Highly recomended!

my dad always had those for his big saltwater tanks and when i was little i would run back and forth along the 400 gal. tank with the algae scraper watching it run along with me LOL :rofl but they are very nifty for algae removal.. i keep meaning to buy one for my 55 gal. but i always forget when i get to the pet store Lol

Guest luv my babies

I have one of those!! My algea eater hates it, though. He tried to sit on it once while I was cleaning the tank, then I moved it and he got a scare!! He hids now when I put it in the tank.

I got mine at nooppee - they may not have the best fish in the world, but most of my supplies has come from there. It was about $5.00 CN.

It great for tricking people too. The magnets are so strong that you can put on sided on each side of your hand, and it'll stick. Since most people don't know what it is, it's a great trick.

Guest DigitalAirman

I agree with Heather. I got one last week, or the week before that, and they work wonders. Highly recommended. I got mine at vvvv, Im sure you can get them nearly anywhere.

Parker

I love them!! They are a must have! The only complaint I have is that they dont get algae in the corners, but then I just use my scrubber on a stick. I didnt realize they were so unusual until I pulled mine out awhile back and my sister and hubby both stared at me and were like, Wow!! Thats so cool! Then they both had to try it! :rofl

Guest kerri_corbett

I don't have one but i've heard they work great! Only complaints I've heard it that sometimes they can scratch the glass and they don't clean corners. Plus I've heard you have to be careful about snapping the magnets together because if you are testing the strength or something they can fly at the glass pretty hard and you don't want glass cracking or fish fins getting in the way! :(

Good luck!! Sounds like a great idea.

My boyfriend and I bought our python a little over a month ago...it's very handy!! :lol For the corners we have a scubbing mitt that we use to clean them with and the walls of the tank too. :lol

Archived