Baby Blue rescue Oranda is here

He is in a 20 gal and in a .01% salt solution as he has blood streaking in both pectoral fins. He's happy, swimming, and eating, but the blood streaking is freaking me out a bit. Anyway I will most likely do a D&D thread if I do not see any improvement in a few days with the salt.

Blood streaked pec fin

0086556b-6418-4a0d-868d-f56df6971497_zps

output_zpsru6l2ybf.jpg

output_zpsykqnpcg9.jpg

What a sweetie :wub: I hope he makes a full recovery.

Where did you rescue him from?

A friend of mine knew someone who couldn't take care of him. Not sure if it's a boy or girl but calling him baby blue for now. Didn't come with a name other than fishy lol

I'm glad he's with you now.  Keep his water pristine and we can maybe hope to see improvement in the next 24 hours.

Thank you, I am glad he is with me too. He's adorable and so sociable and is growing on me as I was trying not to get attached to him because of possibly re-homing him...I don't think this peanut is going anywhere  :teehee  :heart  

Awww so cute! :) So BB turned out to be an Oranda huh? If I were you, I'd keep him! And if you do, you should keep that name, it fits very nicely ;)

Awww so cute! :) So BB turned out to be an Oranda huh? If I were you, I'd keep him! And if you do, you should keep that name, it fits very nicely ;)

The name is cute until he's not blue anymore :) I've seen so many blue Oranda's change colors lol... And I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep him. I'm just hoping I can get the fin problem resolved:)

Edited by Cdionne77

Awww so cute! :) So BB turned out to be an Oranda huh? If I were you, I'd keep him! And if you do, you should keep that name, it fits very nicely ;)

The name is cute until he's not blue anymore :) I've seen so many blue Oranda's change colors lol... And I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep him. I'm just hoping I can get the fin problem resolved:)

Yeah I guess so...But I named Icicle her name because she is white, and my Black Moor, when I get him/her, will be named Fudgesicle because it reminds me of dark chocolate. (Besides being named after my sicle theme ;) ) They may not stay their original color either but oh well  :teehee Whatever you name him/her it will be good, at least the poor baby was saved from being flushed. :no:

Yeah I guess so...But I named Icicle her name because she is white, and my Black Moor, when I get him/her, will be named Fudgesicle because it reminds me of dark chocolate. (Besides being named after my sicle theme ;) ) They may not stay their original color either but oh well  :teehee Whatever you name him/her it will be good, at least the poor baby was saved from being flushed. :no:
Fudgicle is such a cute name for a Moore :) can't wait to see him/her when you get it.... And yes Im happy I saved this little one from being flushed. I don't know how some people sleep at night really... It's so sad but it happens :(

Fudgicle is such a cute name for a Moore :) can't wait to see him/her when you get it.... And yes Im happy I saved this little one from being flushed. I don't know how some people sleep at night really... It's so sad but it happens :(

Lol I meant fudgesicle.... My dad had one years ago. His name was midnight and he was huge, lived for many years. Broke my dads heart when he passed away, my dad said that Moore was the best fish he ever owned :)

Thanks! I can't wait to go Moor Shopping :D

Oh yeah I know :( I clicked on a 10 second long video that was titled "Goldfish's new bowl" and I was going to make a constructive comment nicely about goldfish and fish bowls and give Koko's website address....Turns out is was not a fish bowl it was a toilet bowl and they flushed a big comet Goldfish down that was still alive and swimming!! :yikes  Of course I reported that video immediately! But there are too many more still on there :madrant  :(

Thanks! I can't wait to go Moor Shopping :D

Oh yeah I know :( I clicked on a 10 second long video that was titled "Goldfish's new bowl" and I was going to make a constructive comment nicely about goldfish and fish bowls and give Koko's website address....Turns out is was not a fish bowl it was a toilet bowl and they flushed a big comet Goldfish down that was still alive and swimming!! :yikes  Of course I reported that video immediately! But there are too many more still on there :madrant  :(

Omg, people are so cruel. That's why I like my pets more than most people.

:exactly I feel like that with a lot of people too! Don't people know how to be nice, gentle, caring and kind any more? At least I know of some people who actually care and love their pets ;)

I cannot even fathom the cruelty and heartlessness that some people have, but it's certainly out there. It makes me sad.  :cry Sometimes I have to literally block that stuff from my mind because it keeps me awake at night and I'd never sleep. 

Moors are awesome. I have two, but now one is turning orange. He was originally named Shadow because of his dark color, but when he lost his color it still fits because he likes to be behind the other fish following them around. The other, Velvet, won't really fit anymore if he turns color... but I think I'll still keep it and just find a nickname off of the original to call him. 

I cannot even fathom the cruelty and heartlessness that some people have, but it's certainly out there. It makes me sad.  :cry Sometimes I have to literally block that stuff from my mind because it keeps me awake at night and I'd never sleep. 

Moors are awesome. I have two, but now one is turning orange. He was originally named Shadow because of his dark color, but when he lost his color it still fits because he likes to be behind the other fish following them around. The other, Velvet, won't really fit anymore if he turns color... but I think I'll still keep it and just find a nickname off of the original to call him.

Awe I see shadow and velvet in your sig picture. Adorable!

That is the only good picture I have of Velvet. He is surprisingly hard to photograph. Partly because of his color... but also, whenever I get close with the camera he loves to wiggle around so much that I get just a dark blur.  :teehee

Edited by goldfishgirl82

No change on the pec fins yet but this little guy is swimming around enjoying himself :goldfish: .. He ate some frozen brine shrimp this morning and went crazy for it.. His little face was pretty priceless while eating  :teehee

Pectoral fin is still blood streaked with the .01% salt over 24 hours... I will probably start a D&D in the morning if I don't see any improvement. 

Where have I been :hmm sorry I missed it :o

I love your new BB :heart I'm happy you took him in :)