Growing White Bump on Pectoral Fin

Hello again,

Seeing as how I've made posts on 3 of my 4 fish over the last few months or so, it only seems fitting that the 4th is now having an issue! 

Maybe about a month ago, Boogie developed a small white bump on his left pectoral fin...it didn't look too alarming, so I figured I'd keep an eye on it and report if it got any different. Now, it has grown a bit. Just a white bump. No redness, or any other symptoms to speak of. Here are some photos:

IMG_20150314_195117804_zps5s2nhvr7.jpg

IMG_20150314_195021391_zpsiazwtgjb.jpg

I'll have to add the form later tonight -- I just bleached my bathtub and don't want to go anywhere near the tank until I am sure that is off of my hands at least! But I've been doing 2 50% water changes a week, last one was yesterday. Salt is at 0.1% right now -- I added it to help out some pretty bad spawning injuries on another fish, which thankfully are healing!

Thanks,

Meghan

I'm wondering if this might be the start of some breeding stars?  I would just observe and see if it changes or more spots appear.  The salt should help if it does turn out to be a minor infection.  Keep us advised of any significant changes :)

I was thinking the same thing Jared because that's how my male looked at first with his stars but I didn't want to chime in with wrong info

Edited by Cdionne77

Sounds good...he is 100% a boy, and I noticed some teeny tiny stars on him a little while ago right after spawning, but they soon faded away.

I thought that could possibly be what this was too, but it seems to look a little more enlarged and puffy than photos of breeding stars I've seen. 

I will continue to keep an eye on it, though!