Does lower water temp. at night harm the fish?

I am treating them for potential Flukes disease,and have a preset heater in the tank. I have decided that 75F was too warm and haave removed it. At night the house temp falls around 6-7 degrees from daytime temp. Could this a problem for the goldfish? Typically house temperature at night drops to 65F.

Yep, if the fluctuation is only happening at night then you should be fine. If it is that cold all the time, then that's when you should probably use the heater.

I have an adjustable heater on the 40 gal tank, and will keep it at 69-70. We do not keep the house that cold normally, only at night. Right now the GF are still in the 10 gallon. Hope to transfer them next Thurs or Fri.

Agreed.  And your tank temp probably doesn't drop as much as the house temp does.  :D

As an aside Lisa, I did a water check and I found that I have been checking the Nitrate wrong. :(   Now it's maybe, just maybe @ 2.0 The yellow is just showing a slight orange. Everything else is as before. Anything below 40 is good, right?

:peeka

Well my aquarium is well established with no new fish added for about a year. I check ammonia and nitrite if I do serious filter maintenance. I check nitrate randomly if I'm extremely bored. :rofl3. I'd say maybe every couple months TBH.

:donthit::teehee

Wait, you people test your water?????? :o:idont:hmm

Kidding :donthit:

Yeah, and despite all the testing and treatment with PraziPro, a formerly healthy fish came up with a red spot on one gill, while the tank was under treatment! I am at a loss what to do next. I am also at a loss of how to discuss this in the correct forum.

Yeah, and despite all the testing and treatment with PraziPro, a formerly healthy fish came up with a red spot on one gill, while the tank was under treatment! I am at a loss what to do next. I am also at a loss of how to discuss this in the correct forum.
It is not your fault, really isn't! Think of it like adopting a young cat or a dog. The dog and cat may get through the first few vet visits just fine, but it'll still possibly get sick as the immune system is developing. Even with adult cats and dogs, they're still prone to illnesses, just not as much.

They're like kids. Kids who were in a really dirty home before you with no medical care, and now are trying go recover from it with their weak little immune systems.

It is not your fault, really isn't! Think of it like adopting a young cat or a dog. The dog and cat may get through the first few vet visits just fine, but it'll still possibly get sick as the immune system is developing. Even with adult cats and dogs, they're still prone to illnesses, just not as much.

They're like kids. Kids who were in a really dirty home before you with no medical care, and now are trying go recover from it with their weak little immune systems.

I just wonder what I else I could or should do. So now I have one GF who still lives too much at the surface and just does not look right, and the "healthy" one who obviously is no longer healthy. I have researched to a faretheewell the internet and found that I could increase the dosage, put back the heater as I read that Prazi needs 70F plus to be effective, and here I am all out of options. BTW doubling the Prazi dosage has not harmed them so far, but it has not helped yet either. I am considering doing another water change and adding salt again. I am waiting to hear what the Prazi people will say tomorrrow. I have this bad feeling that I will be left with a nice 40 gallon tank with nothing to stock it with. If and when Goldie and Gracie die, I will not get any more goldfish. This is all much too difficult and too stressful.

You can keep the salt in the tank, the heater in the tank, and the prazi doubled temporarily. There's no harm in using salt with prazi, and the heat will help.

When you change tanks, you can place the same heater in the 40 after bleaching it if you'd like to do that.

I have some powder prazi I can send if you'd like to try that instead. :)

You can keep the salt in the tank, the heater in the tank, and the prazi doubled temporarily. There's no harm in using salt with prazi, and the heat will help.

When you change tanks, you can place the same heater in the 40 after bleaching it if you'd like to do that.

I have some powder prazi I can send if you'd like to try that instead. :)

That is very kind of you Chai, but how is the powdered  version  different than the liquid? I have an adjustable heater already in the larger tank. My fish right now are small enough to be treated in the 10 gallon one. I sure don't want to infect the new tank.