One 'capful' of Prime?

I have used Prime like everyone else for a long time. I've never noticed this before though.

I have a 500ml bottle of Prime that was getting low, my wife bought me a 250ml bottle of Prime yesterday (biggest bottle LFS had in stock).

Both say a capful is 5ml.

The 500ml bottle lid is visually and noticeably larger than the bottle lid on the 250ml bottle.

Out of interest I got a syringe and measured what they both hold.

The 250ml bottle lid filled holds 6ml

The 500ml bottle lid when filled holds 9.5ml

So realistically you would almost use up a 500ml bottle just as fast as 250ml bottle!

Makes buying it in 2L or 4L bottles more appealing :)

Also just out of interest.

Have you ever filled a syringe with 5ml of water and filled up an API test tube?

It goes way over the 5ml like mark.

.......OMG I must be bored !

:) :) :)

• Supporter

Oh wow that is strange! I have the 500ml bottle of prime and have been measuring by the capful, assuming a capful was 5ml.

Have you ever filled a syringe with 5ml of water and filled up an API test tube?

I haven't done that but I've been tempted too!  So strange though

Now you have me curious.....I'm going to test this out with a syringe and my API test tubes :lol2

Of course, I went right out and measured 5 ml in my 10 ml syringe, put it in a API test tube.  It came  out right on the mark.

The key is what part of the plunger you line up with the mark on the tube.  Push the plunger to empty, and observe what part of the black end of the plunger is at zero.  That is the part that must be right on the 5 ml line.   I've tried to find a good picture without much success.  On my syringe, there is a little cone that  fits into the tip, and the front of the flat black part is lined up with the zero.  If you put the tip of that cone on the 5ml mark, you would get the results you described.  

Well I've tried 5 different sized syringes now and get the same results.

Would anyone like an injection from me that was mission critical <-1   +1> mil either way ???? 

:yikes

And now for the overkill answer: A very accurate method for measuring small amounts of liquid: laboratory pipettes.

A bonus feature is a 10 mL pipette is easily long enough to get to the bottom of a 1 gallon bottle, so you don't have to mess with a syringe not reaching far enough, or pouring from the bottle.

YMMV, but my API graduated test tubes are spot on @ 5mL.