Hello from San Francisco

LauraRoyall

Hi all,

My name is Laura. I've had goldfish on and off all my life but recently bought 2 ranchus from eastcoastranchu.com. There full of personality and so darn cute. There wen is covering there eyes so I'll eventually have to do a little surgery. I work during the day in insurance billing and spend my nights with my cat and working on my aquarium. My ranchus have 50 gallons each. I've had to babyproof the aquarium since they can't see where there going. I'm looking foward to getting to know you all.

Cheers,

Laura

Welcome to Koko's, Laura! :)

As far as the ranchus go, I don't see a need to clip the wens over their eyes. Goldfish do just fine without their sight, and surgery on them is very risky. They'll learn where everything is and not bump into things over time.

I can't wait to see pics of the Ranchus. :heart

Edited by ChelseaM

I'm planning on taking some pictures tonight. The darn camera focuses on the glass not the fish. Thank you for the warm welcome. I only have 2 ranchus and they seem at such a disadvantage. I moved to San Francisco because of the lack of thunder and lightning. I'm originally from OK and have been shocked by lightning 4 times. So San Francisco was a natural choice. That and the sourdough bread LOL! I saw one of you have a tancho comet like I do. (a white fish with a red spot on his head). Beautiful aren't they?

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Laura

Hello! Welcome to Koko's :) I look forward to seeing pictures of your goldfish! I'd love to see a picture of your cat also :D