tumblr_nl57og8FN91rvj6gdo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nl57og8FN91rvj6gdo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nl57og8FN91rvj6gdo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nl57og8FN91rvj6gdo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nl57og8FN91rvj6gdo5_1280.jpg

Here are some pretty poor quality photos of the new pearlschus as they settle in. The orange pearlchu has a few bumps and bruises from shipping but is active so I'm monitoring it. The sakura is big fish and a powerful swimmer; I’ve always had a soft spot for sakura ranchu. The little yellow pearlchu is somewhat younger than it’s two friends, at 2 months old, this fish came from Thai buffalo lines so I’m excited to see how it’s wen grows out. It was far too speedy for me to get any good picture of it this time, maybe once it warms up to me more. 

For anyone who isn’t aware these fish are not a cross of any kind, they are 100% ranchu, spawned from completely normal ranchu parents. However it has been shown that when you linebreed goldfish certain oddities can arise, and in ranchu you sometimes get these funky pearlscaled ranchu (which I have uncreatively called pearlchu). ECR and I happen to share a love of pearlscales, and she entrusted these little ones to me so that I can make my sole purpose in life showcasing how dang cute they are. To the best of my knowledge, these fish do not breed true. But overall I’m so stoked to own these guys; they’re definitely one of the coolest phenotype combos I’ve ever seen. (Also sorry for the watermarks, I've had a few images stolen recently and I don't want to take any chances)

Edited by Pearlscaleperfect

They're absolutely amazing, MK, I love them. :D Are they going in your pond?

Wow I've never seen anything like it!

Dang! They are adorable! My first tank is currently cycling (fishless) and I'm torn between getting a couple of pearlscales or choos, these guys would help my dilemma somewhat :teehee So...um, I'll be sending a courier, cat burglar your way. :lol:  

They're absolutely amazing, MK, I love them. :D Are they going in your pond?

They are not. The pond is around 2.5ft deep and I don't want to push these guys with anything deeper then a foot of water and low current systems. They'll either live with my TVR in a tub or have their own tub. I really love these guys but since they're SO round I want to take every precaution to keep them in tip top shape, I know how they were kept previously so my goal is to emulate they to some degree.

Wow I've never seen anything like it!

I've only seen a few of these in pictures but I never thought I'd get the opportunity to own one, or three!

Dang! They are adorable! My first tank is currently cycling (fishless) and I'm torn between getting a couple of pearlscales or choos, these guys would help my dilemma somewhat :teehee So...um, I'll be sending a courier, cat burglar your way. :lol:

The key is to go with pearlscales obviously!!

You are one of the luckiest keepers on the planet, MK. :heart I can't wait to see how you put your Pearlie and Chu expertise to good use raising these guys.

They are awesome MK. Best of luck to you and the little guys.

They are amazing, I love them, congrats!

So Cool! deshade.gif

Very cool looking!!!!!

What awesome genotype and phenotype magic. :9

pearlchu  :teehee

SUPER cute! Looking forward to more pics. :wub:

Wow very stange and beautiful!

Not mixed at all? That's so fascinating, keep us posted with their growth and development.

Oh and congrats!

:wub: MK when I get my license I'm coming over and seeing them in person!!! :rofl3 they are so freaking cute oh my godddd :heart

OMG!  I want one !!!

Jealous! Can't wait to see them grow with you! :)

They remind me of a big round Butterball Turkey spliced with Cauliflower :rolleyes:  

But yeah, they are adorable! Just look at their cute faces and bumpy pearly bodies :wub:  Love 'em! :heart

Edited by Fish Of Gold

Great photos. Thank you for sharing.

Eeeks Pearlchus! Pearly chu chus! What a combination! :nana

They're gorgeous MK, congrats :)

Wow! Those are some truly awesome fish! I'm so happy for you!  :heart

Oh my goodness... the two cutest goldfish breeds combined!! They're beautiful; I hope they do well.

:o :O I must have them AAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!

They are amaaazzzinnnng. :thud :thud :thud

My daughter saw these pictures and loved them. When I told her how rare and special and AWESOME they are, she said, "Well she better take good care of them." She seemed pretty relieved when I told her you're a mega awesome fishkeeper. :teehee .....and that you live in NJ. :lol2

I am SO glad they went to you!!! :tbanana:lisa: