It's been so long since I've gotten goldfish babies!

These two little ones came from a Petsmartco (not sure exactly which big box store they came from) and I picked them up from their old owner about a week and a half later. They're about the size of cough drops and ABSOLUTELY adorable!

tumblr_nkxiq9ua3P1tswl0jo2_1280.jpg

This one is named Winston and is a 'boy'. His body shape is... really strange? Like a ranchu with the head of a common goldfish. But it doesn't seem to hamper him at all and he zips all over the tank with the speed and accuracy of a bullet. He's pooping white stringy poop though, which I hope will stop soon now that he's settled in and on a salt/prazi treatment.

tumblr_nkxiq9ua3P1tswl0jo1_1280.jpg

This one is named Wasabi and we're calling her a 'she' for now. Possible Oranda? She has a healing fin rip and some missing scales, and seems to have a lot more trouble locating/eating her food compared to Winston, to the point where I'm a little concerned about her getting enough. Her coloring is so gorgeous in person... a light tangerine-gold color.

tumblr_nkxiq9ua3P1tswl0jo5_1280.png

Look at how small they are!! That's a ten gallon, which I recently stuck one of my cycled sponge filters in. I also forgot just how much poop goldfish produce, after the luxury of powerful HOBs and plants/sand to hide most of the poop of my larger fish... these two are getting only 1-2 small meals a day but they produce MASSIVE amounts of poop! Luckily the turkey baster takes care of most of it.

I really did not expect two big-box pet store fish to become my next permanent residents... I wanted to save up for a super-fancy fish from Rain Garden or something. But I'm already so attached to these two!

They've already survived a week and a half after coming home from the pet store, so I'm hoping they're out of the woods. I'm a little bit concerned about putting them in with 6-inch Duracell and 5-inch Marigold, though! Those two live peacefully with otos without bothering them, but still...

• 5 weeks later...

Ah, thank you all so much, everyone!

A few days ago Winston and Wasabi finally got introduced to the real tank and got to meet Marigold and Duracell. It was adorable!

tumblr_inline_nmh1r0iIpA1rk6y2w_500.jpg

The two little ones survey the vast expanse in awe, when suddenly...

tumblr_inline_nmh1uoFADz1rk6y2w_500.jpg

"WHOA! What the heck is THAT!?"

tumblr_inline_nmh1vkF7Yr1rk6y2w_500.jpg

The goldfish all check each other out suspiciously...

tumblr_inline_nmh1w2KTlY1rk6y2w_500.jpg

...but eventually start to get along. It's been several days now, and they seem very content together!