Red streaks on Ingot Oranda

shihpuff

I May just be a paranoid fish mom here but is this normal for this red streak on her body? It's on both sides of her body in the exact same place. She's acting totally normal. If you think it's something other than normal color change I'll post my tank parameters. image_6.jpg

• Admin

are you talking about the line on the side of him?

If so thats the lateral line, they use that to help they hear the movements in the water.. its normal :)

thank you Koko that's interesting to know. I never knew that. It's just that it's never been so bold before like that and I've never seen it on any of my other fish.

• Supporter

when did you last take photos of her? perhaps you can refer back to them to see if there is much of a difference? the knots look totally fine to me... and that is one super beautiful oranda :wub:

• Supporter

i am pretty sure they appear normal, she's bigger in size now and also kept in stable conditions. so her colour is also darker. this also means that the lateral line will be darker again. i am pretty confident that the lateral line seen on her is of good health :)

the only time you need to worry about the lateral line is when one or two knots appear inflamed and you will notice them as when they are inflamed, they stand out amongst the rest.