Sign in to follow this  

I went to the San Diego koi show today expecting only to look at awesome koi and vendors for fish supplies, but much to my surprise Goldfishnet had a booth there and many awesome goldfish for sale. I've only ever seen these fish in photos for the online auction before, so seeing them up close was a cool experience. And of course, I fell in love. I only had enough money and tank space to take one home though. So here he is (and it's definitely a he because I see breeding stars), my new kirin telescope. I have not given him a name yet, because I like to get to know a fish's personality a bit before deciding on a name. That will come soon though. This guy has some definite personality. :)

These pics were taken in my small quarantine tank, but I will take more once I move him into the 72 bow front I just set up, which will also be a kind of QT since everything in it will be new at the same time. 

20150308_193554-2_zpse6jk6rvt.jpg

20150308_193530-2_zpscgsvw9tg.jpg

Oh my goodness, Crystal!  What a beautiful fish.  Congratulations!

Thank you Susanne! I can't even go to bed because I want to stay up and look at him.  :P

Oh wow! He sure is a beauty!

Crystal... I am so jealous! Do you keep looking at the tank and thinking "OMG I am so glad he is mine!"

Wowwww :o :o :o

He is awesome!! Congrats!

Congrats, hhes beautiful. :clapping:

:thud he is amazing!

He's lovely! :D

Crystal... I am so jealous! Do you keep looking at the tank and thinking "OMG I am so glad he is mine!"

I couldn't sleep last night because I kept checking to make sure he was still real.  :teehee

Thanks everyone! :)

He seems to be doing well this morning. Going into the bigger tank today once I double check the water parameters. 

:yikes

It looks like this guy now has a name. My boyfriend and I started calling him Goofball because of his silly behavior, and it seems to have stuck. So, Goofball it is.  :teehee

Great fish and great name! :teehee

Congrats, he's beautiful :)