OMG My New Orandas : ) :) :)

Jim_D

Wow.....I have kept all sorts of aquariums and ponds for a long time, I'm also a long time Scuba diver.

I have always been wowed and enthralled by fish.........BUT I have NEVER been wowed by the presence of fish like I have with my new 8 Oranda's that I purchased on Saturday.

These are the most beautiful, enthralling fish I have ever had the pleasure of owning.

It hasn't been 48 hours yet, but everytime I look at them I have to pinch myself that they are in my tank. I have gone crazy the last few months looking at Oranda's photos and have become endeared to them, but living in a rural coastal area a long way from Sydney, wasn't sure how I could procure any and also get nice quality ones.

Just had to share with all you other goldfish fanciers and say that I am OVER THE MOON with these wonderfully enchanting beauties :) :) :)

Congrats! We do want pics!!!!

I know what it's like wanting something and you don't know how your going to get it, I want a black oranda, tanchu, or lionhead...must be black

Do you plan to keep them all?

Here's some photos as promised (they're a LOT harder to photograph than I thought they'd be) and also some photos of underneath the tank showing the Eheim 2217 canisters.

It's like having 8 little puppy dogs in the tank, they are so endearing. I'm so happy that I was able to find some for sale. I wish I could have gotten some better photos showing them in all their splendour with their fins erect, but they were swimming around like crazy thinking I was going to feed them.

Anyway, here's the photos that I managed.....sorry for posting so many :(

16575735079_e209b0e044_b.jpg

16761869965_632d4df3e4_b.jpg

16735990746_77375c7a01_b.jpg

16761866645_88efbaab13_b.jpg

16574293948_d400d708c1_b.jpg

16761863315_26a25b357a_b.jpg

16735983936_51c7c3ec7b_b.jpg

16761860285_9e3bc4ceaf_b.jpg

16574478160_0c56c26ba2_b.jpg

16139551954_c8fa9a5858_b.jpg

16760688221_d702bc6596_b.jpg

16735973486_1980943a5c_b.jpg

16761849655_7e9fe25042_b.jpg

16141913023_0cebe398e6_b.jpg

16574465600_a06d37b87a_b.jpg

16760676991_a7dc734204_b.jpg

Wow! Congrats!

Eight new fish at a time. :o i think the most I've ever done is two. I can imagine why you can't leave the tank. :teehee

They are all gorgeous. I think my favorite is the mostly orange one, with black only on the edges of his fins.

:madrant how dare you snag up all those beautiful oranda's!!!!!

I wouldn't be moving from in front of the tank    :fishtank

congrats! I like the black ones

GOODNESS! they ARE adorable :)

Thanks Helen :)

You made me chuckle about your 'death stares' for your fish containers :) :) :)

WOW! They are amazing! So many beautiful fishys :heart: Jealous over here! I love how neat your fish cupboard is too :rofl:

Thanks Mandy :)

Your fish are cuties!  :wub:

I LOVE your organized cabinet! You just gave me a great idea of how I can fit more stuff under all my tanks!  :lol2

It was quite easy to do to add the racks the inside doors of the cabinet and it did tidy things up a lot.

Wow! Congrats!

Eight new fish at a time. :o i think the most I've ever done is two. I can imagine why you can't leave the tank. :teehee

They are all gorgeous. I think my favorite is the mostly orange one, with black only on the edges of his fins.

Thanks so much for your post :)

:madrant how dare you snag up all those beautiful oranda's!!!!!

I wouldn't be moving from in front of the tank    :fishtank

congrats! I like the black ones

I love your fish! You are so lucky :-) What size is your tank?

The tank is 48"x24"x24"

Ah! How STUNNING! Sweet little waterpuppies. [emoji813]

They really are cute little puppies......the only thing they are missing is puppy breath :)

Oh and just btw the little cory is 9 years old and the two Siamese flying foxes are 8 years old. All three of them are sadly not long for this world. There were initially 8 cories and 8 Siamese flying foxes, but in the last 18 months they have all succumbed to old age except these three, but the signs of old age are very apparent when you look closely at them.