Sign in to follow this  

So yeah... I went to the LFS for fish food. Came back without fish food but with a new little addition to my crew. This is Felli, a little white feeder fish with red eyes and a stripe of red on her left pectoral. 

I just had a strong itch to get her after seeing her and her siblings in the feeder tank. She's extremely small, shorter than my thumb in length. Right now I have her QT'd in a 40B all by herself. She's still pretty unsure about life and about the little block of Spawn and Grow that I plopped in the tank to see if she'd eat. 

Felli is going to be taking part in a little project of mine detailing her life and how quickly she grows, as a way to show other people how big those little feeders can get and how healthy they can be. 

20150308_184430_zpsxbwzzpmk.jpg20150308_184250_zpspzstswba.jpg

What a cutey!!!!! :heart

I saw your IG and ran here for more details!!! :heart :heart congrats on the cutie!!!

Oh my goddddd, the feels right now! :cry :cry :cry

I hope she grows up big and beautiful for you. :cry:wub::bighug

If she's around the weight of my little one, maybe we can do a duo tracking. :D

Edited by Chai

OMG she's so cute! :happydance:Congrats:

I have to admit that when I saw this I was expecting an oranda or a fancy, but you surprised me! Welcome to the feeder fish crew! :hi5

:grouphug Thank you everyone. :heart

And thanks for the welcome! I do hope the crew will have me. :heart

Of course!

We have jackets.... :ehh

Congrats on the new addition, I bought a feeder a bit ago, he is pretty healthy and growing like a weed!

Of course!

thcrazy-2.gif

Congratulations, Chelsea.  I'm sure he/she will thrive in your care.  Are setting up the pond again this summer?

:rofl Thank you!

Yep, Susanne, everyone's going outside this summer to bulk up and get gorgeous. It did wonders on Banner last summer, so I'm not going to keep them from it this summer.

Of course!

thcrazy-2.gif
RUUUUUUDE!... Ugh, it's accurate fine. :cry

We're all a little crazy.. But feeders really do grow into amazing fish.

They're scared ... Beyond scared, I can't blame them as they were raised in conditions much much worse than our beloved fish.... And suddenly they learn to do a feed me dance and outshine the fancies in doing it. :wub:

Felli had a pretty rough time of things. She's missing quite a few scales and had to go home with me in an uncovered bag walking the 1.6 miles through the snow. She showed me she was brave, though, since she was watching lots of passing cars. :rofl

So yeah... I went to the LFS for fish food. Came back without fish food but with a new little addition to my crew. This is Felli, a little white feeder fish with red eyes and a stripe of red on her left pectoral. 

I just had a strong itch to get her after seeing her and her siblings in the feeder tank. She's extremely small, shorter than my thumb in length. Right now I have her QT'd in a 40B all by herself. She's still pretty unsure about life and about the little block of Spawn and Grow that I plopped in the tank to see if she'd eat. 

Felli is going to be taking part in a little project of mine detailing her life and how quickly she grows, as a way to show other people how big those little feeders can get and how healthy they can be. 

20150308_184430_zpsxbwzzpmk.jpg20150308_184250_zpspzstswba.jpg

Very nice. I had considered putting beefcake and/or mango in a bowl to show people how big the fish get buy realized they want like $20 for a bowl! Forget that!

:rofl I don't know if there's a big enough bowl for your monsters, Jason. I was looking at bowls while I was in the pet store, and wondering if my boys would even fit in the largest ones they had. 

Awwww cute! She must be the cousin of my Icicle because they are both white with colored eyes ;)

This will be an interesting project! Are you going to measure and weigh Felli too?

Any updates??

Felli has been sent to live with a subbie in Tennessee, as has Banner. Beau and Pumpkin are with a Kokonut in Vegas. I don't have any of my current fish anymore. Two Orandas are coming to me from Ken at Dandy Orandas on Wednesday.

Any updates??

Felli has been sent to live with a subbie in Tennessee, as has Banner. Beau and Pumpkin are with a Kokonut in Vegas. I don't have any of my current fish anymore. Two Orandas are coming to me from Ken at Dandy Orandas on Wednesday.

Ok :(

Felli is coming to me. Where he will be in ny tank until he is big enough for the lake. .. I mean pond. On my property.