Nitrate |Reading?

so I tested my Nitrate today and cannot match it to a color? can you guys please help me?

I am not sure if it is "picking" up color form the chart as I have it laid against the paper or not.....

0274200F-2A14-47EF-90B8-1A767CD2F451_zps

Also on another tank |I have I got a reading of 0.6 for ammonia I am not sure how to read the results.....the test kit is called Nutrafin it is a drop style system and there's an elaborate chart to read the ammonia

all my tanks have been running for over a year or just coming up on a year.

my tap parameters are all reading zero

PH from tap is 7.5

all aquariums PH is 7.5

thanks for you help ladies and gents

If I am not wrong, this looks like somewhere between 5-10 ppm. I also had similar confusions with my Prodac test kit years ago, until I went to my college lab and found my assumptions correct.

By your second picture, I'd be 95% sure that it's around 6-7 ppm.

But do not bank on me for that. Please wait until someone more experienced chimes in. :)

Thats so strange, I'm inclined to say it looks like its around 5ppm, but at the same time, it looks like you're looking at it on incandescent lighting. Perhaps re-testing in the day time where there's natural sunlight coming in will help? I know when I test it at home in the evening, I look at it with my fluorescent kitchen lights because they don't give off yellow light when you're trying to read warm colours.

Ok thank you everyone, bagho there was nothing in the kit that wa a powder.

It is morning now and I'm going to the place that sells coffee to get me started on my day. Come home and re test the tank, I feel pro with this test now 5 drops of this 5 drops of that shake wait lol I should be posting another pic in a bit

this is the same tank tested just now, pic was taken outside....should I be happy with the results or do another water change?

322E3E3C-2448-4F69-ABC3-2942F53DBD4F_zps

yes it is the only one giving me a hard time, though I cannot interpret the ammonia test either. maybe my tanks are not as clean as I once though. it has been a while since I have tested, though this is not my first time testing. (first time with this kit)

yes it is the only one giving me a hard time, though I cannot interpret the ammonia test either. maybe my tanks are not as clean as I once though. it has been a while since I have tested, though this is not my first time testing. (first time with this kit)

I'm starting to wonder if maybe you have a defective test... Did you buy it recently? If you did, might not be a bad idea to go back with it and explain your situation maybe they'll let you swap it out for a new one...