How to deal with possible bleach poising?

So yesterday I was about to do a waterchange on my 325l tank, and I notice that two of my four fish had red streaks and spots on their tails - and both had flossed edges that was also red and white.

Now the only new thing I've added to the tank recently was a bunch of new plastic plants that I had in a water/bleach bucket, because I bought them used and some of them was quite dirty.

Please watch this video to see the damage:

https://plus.google.com/photos/yourphotos?pid=6123203439134137394&oid=107505870057946627966

I've given all of the 4 fish a salt dip before adding them back to the tank after a 95% water change as well as cleaning the filter. I added Tetre AquaSafe to the water, I do not have access to Prime as I live in Europe. I will do another waterchange midweek to ensure that they get pristine water condition while they recover.

What else can I do?

I think you have already done what you can do, FBG.  Many Asian sellers will ship Prime for not all that much.  I keep a bottle around for all sorts of uses.  It doesn't go bad. 

I can't see the video because when I click, Google wants me to upgrade to plus, asking questions like 'er du ensom?' (no, I just want to see the bloody fish film) :rofl

I think you have already done what you can do, FBG.  Many Asian sellers will ship Prime for not all that much.  I keep a bottle around for all sorts of uses.  It doesn't go bad. 

I can't see the video because when I click, Google wants me to upgrade to plus, asking questions like 'er du ensom?' (no, I just want to see the bloody fish film) :rofl

Try again - I just made it public, so you should be able to see it now.

Might have to find a place that ships Hikari and Prime cheap - need both :)

I do not think a bit of residual bleach on your plastic plants would cause any problems.  Dechlorinator will handle it completely.  

Open a free account with Photobucket or a similar hosting site and upload your videos/photos there.  Here's a thread on the subject. http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/95717-how-to-post-pics-photobucket/

I didn't test the water, because I was in a hurry that day (it was friday, normally I do WC on sundays).

I do not think a bit of residual bleach on your plastic plants would cause any problems.  Dechlorinator will handle it completely.  

Open a free account with Photobucket or a similar hosting site and upload your videos/photos there.  Here's a thread on the subject. http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/95717-how-to-post-pics-photobucket/

I do not use dechlorinator - as my water doesn't have chlorine in it. I live in northern Europe where the water is very good quality, so there is no need for Dechlorination. I do use Tetra Aquasafe with every WC.

Isn't Aquasafe a dechlorinator?  I suspect my water doesn't have chlorine in it either, but I also suspect that at any time, it can have all sorts of things in it.  The guys at FB Akvarium,Fisk og utstyr Sørlandet use Easy Life (or Eazy Life depending on their moods :) in massive quantities for this reason.

• Test Results for the Following:
    • * Ammonia Level(Tank)
    • * Nitrite Level(Tank) 10 mg/L
    • * Nitrate level(Tank) 0 mg/L
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap)
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap)
    • * Nitrate level(Tap)
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) GH = > 14*. Ph = 7.6 Carbonate Hardness = 10-15*
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? eSHa AquaQuickTest strips
      • * Water temperature?
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 85.86 gallon tank (325 liter), running for a year +/-.
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? AM-TOP 3338 (1200 L/hour)
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? Weekly WC (sundays), anywhere from 50 to 90%
      • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Two days ago. Changed 95%.
      • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 4 fish. Biggest is 120 grams and 10 cm long, two midsized (50ish grams) and a small 35 gram fish.
      • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? I use Tetra AquaSafe with every WC.
      • * What do you feed your fish and how often? Hikari pellets, homemade gelfood, white and red bloodworms, other pellets.
      • * Any new fish added to the tank? No. Not since december
      • * Any medications added to the tank? None at this point.
      • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Treated the tank with algae medicine just before Christmas. Other than that, it has been over 4 months since I've used any kind of extra medication or the likes in the tank. Did a 10 minute 0,1% salt dip during the last WC for all 4 fish in a separate container.
      • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? 2 fish are having the ends of their tails being frayed and "crumpled" with some redness to the ends of the tail as well. Of of these twos were bottom sitting this morning. One fish is having red spots on the tail "start", serious redness in the tail and red and white edges of the tail. Last fish shows no sign of being infected with anything. All fish eats, poops and are being OK active now.
      • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? My blackmoor was bottom sitting for a while, but is now being active, maybe not as much as before I noticed this - but active enough for me not to be completely worried.

I do worry that this might be fin rot.

Is that nitrite reading a misprint?  If not, your fish should be dying.  I notice you are using strips for your tests. These are often inaccurate when fresh, but also have a problem with going bad.  Can you get a drop kit?

Please I'm in urgent need of help.

My fish have gotten worse. There is big greyish spots on them, they are being very inactive and the other symptoms has only gotten worse! Plus all four fish are showing symptoms of illness!

I can't get hold of any medication now, but I can do WC and salt dips!

Please help my fish and me!!!

The video in post 11 works, Lisa, and the fins look badly effected by something :(

I know but that was a couple days ago.  I wanted to see how different it looked today.

All the pictures are from Tuesday.

I realize that but the video in post 11 that mrc was talking about was posted March 8 . .. .

We've been discussing it.

Did you do a 0.1% bath or 1% bath?

The suggestion is to bring your salt up to 0.3% and also do a couple of 1% salt dips (not on consecutive days, with a break in between).  The concern is that with all the redness, it very well could be bacterial but you are unable to get any antibiotics . . . .

We've been discussing it.

Did you do a 0.1% bath or 1% bath?

The suggestion is to bring your salt up to 0.3% and also do a couple of 1% salt dips (not on consecutive days, with a break in between).  The concern is that with all the redness, it very well could be bacterial but you are unable to get any antibiotics . . . .

Friday I did a 1% bath (at least to my calculations), and since I've had 0,1% in the tank since Friday. Just did a 60-70% WC, added 0,3% salt to the tank.

I think it is fin rot or something like that.