• * Nitrite Level(Tank) : 2.0ppm
    • * Nitrate level(Tank) 20ppm 
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap) :0
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap) 0
    • * Nitrate level(Tap) 30ppm
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.4
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.5
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API Freshwater master test kit.
      • * Water temperature? 74 F
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 70 gallons. I just bought this old tank from craiglist and I'm not sure how long it worked. But at least 1 year old.
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Jebao canister.  320 GPH
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? twice a week, 50%.
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 2 days ago and 50%
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 6, 2 are about 5inches, 4 other small one about 2-2.5 inches.
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime, stress coat.
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? new life spectrum and hikari, twice a day
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? yes, small pearlscale 2 weeks ago.
  • * Any medications added to the tank? Mardel Coppersafe 
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. When I changed water 2days ago I just put Prime and some aquarium salt. This morning when I found out disease, I used Coppersafe as direction. 
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? white spots on tails, a little bit on heads, fluid ring around eyes, swollen on body
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? 3 fish stay at bottom and didn't eat. the others seem normal. They not swim fast or hit the tank. Some are trying to hide in the conner together. 

I only saw this small one has swollen spot on one side of his body and has fluid around his eyes.  I'm not sure he is hitting anything to get this one. But I do think his injure affect all the other fish. Then I go to the fish store and asked them about medicine so they gave me coppersafe. However the direction told that use only one time for a month and that's confusing me because the other medicine I used before is like 3 -4 days. I don't know this medicine will work or should I observe the fish more?

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f103/uyenguyen628/SAM_3242_zpsfr4hjwt7.jpg

Now I saw some swim really fast and try to hit the base. And the small new pearlscale seem to "bite" the tail of not moving fish :(

some more pictures when the injured one hide and stay at bottom. 

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f103/uyenguyen628/Mobile%20Uploads/20150306_173735_zpsgiefqrnp.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f103/uyenguyen628/Mobile%20Uploads/20150306_173852_zpsh9x93sor.jpg

sorry for quality of pictures. I believe the medicine does change color of water.

So 6 fish.  How many are showing symptoms?  Please list each fish showing symptoms and what the symptoms are.  A pic would also be helpful like the one of the fish you posted with the fluid ring.

Nitrite of 2 is toxic to the fish.  I would suggest a large (as large as you can manage, over 50% is needed) WC to get the nitrite down.  How are your tank nitrates lower than your tap nitrates?  How long have YOU had the tank running?  

How much salt did you add to the tank when you did the WC 2 days ago?

Hi fantailfan1, 

I try to take pics of other fish but it cannot show clear the white spot on the tail. 

Only that ryunkin has red swollen and fluid ring on eye, trying to hide under the rock.

2 bigger fish has white like salt clearly on tail:  just stay bottom and don't eat, sometimes swim really fast and hit the gravel

3 small fish : little white but act and swim normal around the tank.

I just had this tank around feb 10 cus my husband bought it as a valentine gift for me. SO i know the old owner had that tank for long time because she had two big oranda. So I also bought her canister and keep all the stuffs inside, including good bacteria. So I don't think it due to the tank. I did 50% water change 2 days ago with 9 teaspoon of salt and prime into the tank. so during 2 days nothing happen until today when I got home I saw them like this.

I would isolate the ryukin with the fluid ring in a QT tank.  Add Epsom salt (NOT regular aquarium salt) at 1/2 tsp per 10 gallons.  Is the fluid ring on just one side or both?

Did you quarantine the pearlscale before you added it to the tank?

Is your nitrite level at 2 right now?  If so, please do a very large WC to get it down.  

It sounds like your fish have ich and possible flukes.  Do you have a heater for your tank so that you can raise the temp to around 80*?

Thanks fantailfan1, I will do large WC right now. Can I just treat the whole tank with ich medicine and raise temp to 80? The ryunikin only one said has fluid ring. I don't think Petsmart or Petco have Epsom salt. about the pearlscale  I didn't quarantine it since my friend did quarantine his before giving me :(

Sorry about your fish. You can get Epsom salt at any grocery store.

Edited by LisaCGold

Sorry about your fish. You can get Epsom salt at any grocery store.

And pharmacy! :)

Goldfish are very sensitive to copper.  Don't treat any more with Coppersafe.  

Please show a picture of the fish you think has ich.   Ich is best and most safely treated with salt (NaCl).

Thanks all, I did buy Epsom salt from CVS and the fish look better now :)

But my main big tank is still problem.

Shakaho, here are the big one have most of white spot.

20150308_104018_zpspceokz2d.jpg20150308_104029_zpsxkhhypsr.jpg20150308_104100_zpskr1hwjci.jpg

I recently raise temperature till 88F and put 0.1% salt now. The white seem to increase more on this one but other small one is fine. One problem is the small crown pearlscale (least white spot) keep biting this fish's tail :(

If your tank is usually around 74* I would say 82-84 would be plenty warm.  Keep raising the salt til you get to 0.3%.  And it may very well get worse before it gets better.

How's the one with the fluid ring around his eye doing?

Hi fantailfan1, I put Epsom salt and little bit of Melafix yesterday and change temperature to 80. I also treat him antibiotic food. Today his side looks better and the red swollen did heal a lot. So that is really good sign. Thank you so much.

But the only thing is he keep bottom sitting and only moving when eating. And i'm not sure do I have to put Epsom everyday at same amount?