Keeping Ryukin and Ranchu together

stech

Ryukin aren't the big bad aggressive monsters that some descriptions make them out to be. They're very powerful fish, but they're not prone to be mean or any different than other fancies. :idont

My big girl is as gentle as they come. :heart Never bothered disabled fish or tiny fish. :wub:

sdSeWd9l.jpg

Edited by Chai

Just like ppl some get along others dont :o

Totally. :scared

You might find some of your chus don't get along or they might even be the ones going after a ryukin. You never know..

Ryukin aren't the big bad aggressive monsters that some descriptions make them out to be. They're very powerful fish, but they're not prone to be mean or any different than other fancies. :idont

My big girl is as gentle as they come. :heart Never bothered disabled fish or tiny fish. :wub:

sdSeWd9l.jpg

I don't think I've ever heard or read anything about them being big bad aggressive monsters.  :(  Interesting.

My Ryukin is a gentle, laid back, calm goldfish. She is the only one who doesn't struggle or even mind it when I have to handle her. She is the only one who doesn't push and shove at meal times yet gets her share of food by just being patient and puts up with the boys being rambunctious. She is a little pussycat of a fish :teehee

I had to rehouse a Ranchu that was introduced to my tank- she was continually beating up my 2 year old, larger Ryukin.  My Ryukin is pretty passive and gets along with her tank mates; two juvenile telescopes and another 2 year old Oranda.  I think it just depends on the personality of the fish.  I might try and reintroduce the Ranchu back in the tank at some point to see if everyone can get along.