Sign in to follow this  
Here I Am

NEW

Welcome to Koko's!

The most basic advice I can give is to read a lot on here and ask all sorts of questions. Koko's is a place meant for that and we love answering questions, and are of the opinion that no question is a stupid one. :) 

Welcome :)

:hi Welcome.  There are some links below my signature (pictures below) that may be helpful.  Let us know if you have any questions :)

Welcome to the forum :hi

Thank you all for replying!!! I'll start with the most common questions.But first I will give you some information about my aquarium: 12lt, 2 anubias

(barteri var nana),about 20 little stones( no gravel), there is no filter only air pump, I use tetra aquasafe and tetra flakefood for goldfish.

1.How usually should I feed it?

2.How many times should I change the water in a week?

3.Do I have to put a filter in?

:welcome

Welcome to kokos! I would suggest reading up on the cycle of the tank, tank size requirements, and put an API liquid test kits on your shopping list.

Welcome to goldfish, it's a buyer be ware hobby as it's is addictive!

:hi and welcome

I'd suggest you read up on GF keeping a bit.  3 gallons is really too small for a GF.  We recommend 15-20 gallons per fish.  With a 3 gallon tank and no filter, you will need to do 100% WCs at least daily, depending on your water parameters.  I'd highly suggest getting an API Master Test Kit.

Here are some articles on basic care and food.  

http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/care.html

http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/food.html

http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/cycle.html

:hi and :welcome

It can live alone or with other goldies, but if you have 2 then you need a bigger tank. :)

I'd read the links in post #10 there's good info in there

Welcome!! there is tons of stuff to learn here on Koko's forum.  :hi

Welcome :)

Welcome to the forum. :hi

it depends what you consider 'often' to be, as well as what the quality of your watersource is like, how many fish per gallon and how often you feed them. and finally, what temperature the water remains at from water change to water change.

nothing beats a cycled filter for 'kept' fish. they are out of their natural habitat and the cycle is the best we can provide them currently.

aeration IS important, but in my opinion, unless 60-70% of their water is changed daily and given that you are well understocked (if this is the case, i am just assuming), good aeration does not replace a cycled filter. and that cycled filter needs to be able to service well, the volume of water the fish are kept in.

:hi:welcome

Edited by yafashelli

Hello! Welcome to Koko's :D

it depends what you consider 'often' to be, as well as what the quality of your watersource is like, how many fish per gallon and how often you feed them. and finally, what temperature the water remains at from water change to water change.

nothing beats a cycled filter for 'kept' fish. they are out of their natural habitat and the cycle is the best we can provide them currently.

aeration IS important, but in my opinion, unless 60-70% of their water is changed daily and given that you are well understocked (if this is the case, i am just assuming), good aeration does not replace a cycled filter. and that cycled filter needs to be able to service well, the volume of water the fish are kept in.

Thanks