Anyone have a 30" deep tank?

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone keeps goldfish in a 30" deep tank and if you do, how do you find it?

• Supporter

My tank is 24" deep. My fish seem happy with it, just me that complains at cleaning time haah

meh, must be an aussie thing.. i seem to do much complaining during wc's also... :P

:rofl

My tank is also 24" deep. Most of my fish do fine in it, but I do think some would benefit from a shallower tank, and if I was to get a custom built tank again, I would consider getting one that's not as deep. I have to get on a stepladder to clean it, but I don't mind :rofl

Mines pretty deep, but I'm also very short which makes it a bit of a hilarious struggle to plant my plants back in. :rofl

I just upgraded to it, but I adore it. Partial WC yesterday was no big deal and my fish look to be adjusting just fine to the depth. :)

Siphon cleans the substrate surface easily and water pump WCs are no different than before.

Thanks for the replies everyone, much appreciated.

My current goldie tank is 4x2x2 and I was thinking of going 4x2x2.5

I've had a 30" deep, 30" wide and 72" long reef tank and the 30" deep does make for rolling ones sleeves a long way up :)

My deepest pond is 30" deep and I hate it.  I originally had it 36" deep and that was just uncomfortable to be around, so I made it shallower.  Next remodeling will take it to 2 feet deep.  I prefer 8-18".