Sign in to follow this  
goldiesgalore

Odd Wen Growth?

Hello! I am new to KoKo's and I've been directed to here by a lot of my friends. My large oranda that I had purchased from Petsmart has great wen growth. But they other day there was this random growth that was hanging off the side of her wen and it was jiggling everywhere, it was red and white. I inspected it then put her back in the regular tank with some aquarium salt. Then 5 minutes later, it was gone! People were suggesting she had hole in the head syndrome, but then the next day the tiny hole filled in with a lot of wen! Now the part looks cottony and white, its weird. I am worried and I do not know hwat it is, please help! I don't know how to add any photos or videos  :no:

Edited by goldiesgalore

Hello! I am new to KoKo's and I've been directed to here by a lot of my friends. My large oranda that I had purchased from Petsmart has great wen growth. But they other day there was this random growth that was hanging off the side of her wen and it was jiggling everywhere, it was red and white. I inspected it then put her back in the regular tank with some aquarium salt. Then 5 minutes later, it was gone! People were suggesting she had hole in the head syndrome, but then the next day the tiny hole filled in with a lot of wen! Now the part looks cottony and white, its weird. I am worried and I do not know hwat it is, please help! I don't know how to add any photos or videos  :no:

:hi Welcome!  A picture of the wen would help.  You can set up a free account on www.photobucket.com, upload your pictures there and then copy and paste them to your Kokos posts.  The other option is to upload a video to Youtube and post links here.

The white looks okay to me.  Just watch that it continues to heal.  If a hole, redness or ulceration develops, let us know.  Keep the water as clean as possible.

Has the black stripe always been there?