55 gallon planted tank

GuineaPigster

I just set up my 55 gallon today!! I chose to go without substrate for cleaning purposes, but I bought a few bowls at Bed Bath & Beyond for my plants. I filled the bowls with some black gravel from my old tank, and planted a few types of plants. The plants are: Anacharis, Cryptocoryne Pontederiifolia, Cabomba, Hornwort, Water Sprite and a large plant the AquaBid seller gave me for free (I'm not sure what it is).

I am running two filters and an airstone. The residents are currently Squirt the Shubunkin and Dorothy the Fancy, but Nate the Shubunkin is going to join them after completing treatment for a bacterial cyst.

Here is a photo of the tank:  http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/prochoiceparrot/media/photo%201%203_zpsvmw8pqat.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

The obligatory happy fish photo: http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/prochoiceparrot/media/photo%202%202_zps6tursfl8.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I'll post updates on the tank here :)

Congratulations on setting up your 55g.  It looks great with all your new plants.

Do you have your two filters side by side in your first photo?  If so, it would be best for filtration to have one on each side of the tank.  I don't see any intake tubes either unless they are clear and I just can't see them??

Congratulations on setting up your 55g.  It looks great with all your new plants.

Do you have your two filters side by side in your first photo?  If so, it would be best for filtration to have one on each side of the tank.  I don't see any intake tubes either unless they are clear and I just can't see them??

The photos were taken before I added the second filter and the filter has a clear intake tube :) There's one on either side of the tank! 

The photos were taken before I added the second filter and the filter has a clear intake tube :) There's one on either side of the tank!
That explains why I couldn't see them both and having clear intake tubes. :) Thanks for letting me know for I was wondering.