Sign in to follow this  
thatfancygoldfish

Been a long time, I bring photos!

Hi everyone! 
Seems like forever since I've been here, but it's time I get back to the awesome Koko's group here and back into the love of goldfish. A lot of things have happened for the year I've disappeared both personal and in my tank. I had a very bad outbreak of what I think was flukes. :no: I lost two of my fish despite doing everything I could to save them. One survived (Clyde) but in the process all of his fins have been eaten to pieces. Thankfully I nursed him back to help and despite his lack of fins, he's doing quite well now (phew!)

I've done a recent upgrade to my tank interior, scrubbed all the hard water deposits clean, added new plants, groomed the sand, replaced my moss rocks, lights, air curtain etc... and finally after some quarantine, have added two new fish. 

Anyways, enough babble, onto the pictures!

TkjSPLtl.jpg

This is my fighter Clyde. I'm so relieved I was able to save him... despite the damage he received he is now active, healthy, has an appetite and gets along well with his new tank mates.

mwjsmL2l.jpg

Here is the tank after the recent uplift 

mr584Url.jpg

sRr8qtvl.jpg

IoIvwG6l.jpg

Here are my two new fish (they don't have names)

I'm hoping to be on here a lot more often. Missed you all a lot!!  :grouphug

Welcome back!!

Your new fish are gorgeous!! :heart

Your new orandas are just adorable :wub:

And as for Clyde, well who needs fins when you're that handsome!? :D

:hi Laura!!  Welcome back and how's that lil Oliver doing?  :lol2

Your tank and fish look great!  Sorry for your loss.  :(

Nice to see you around again!  :nana

:hi Laura!!  Welcome back and how's that lil Oliver doing?   :lol2

Your tank and fish look great!  Sorry for your loss.   :(

Nice to see you around again!   :nana

Hi Lisa!!! :D Thank you! 

Oliver's doing great! I'll have to make a post in the dogs thread to show you how handsome he's grown! 

I was so sad when I lost Bonnie and Lana... I've never had so much trouble getting rid of flukes before... one thing lead to another and poor Lana ended up with Dropsy (lordy how many times I've had to deal with that by now) as a symptom and Bonnie was just so small her body gave up. I'm glad I was able to save Clyde though, it was a lot of work but he seems really happy now. 

Hows your cute pup? :) She's adorable! I miss you! Will be around a lot more!

Your new orandas are just adorable :wub:

And as for Clyde, well who needs fins when you're that handsome!? :D

Aww thank you so much Kate! :):D I'm excited to finally have them in the tank! 

And he pulls it off!!! Even with that little fin, he honestly still swims with no problems! (so relieved!) 

Welcome back!!!!! Beautiful Goldfish!!!!!

Your tank and fish look great A.G.

I am glad Clyde has bounced back.

He's a beauty.

I have a soft spot for orandas and yours are beautiful!

Welcome back!!!!! Beautiful Goldfish!!!!!

Thank you so much Heidi! I'm so glad to be back :D 

Your tank and fish look great A.G.

I am glad Clyde has bounced back.

He's a beauty.

Thank you! Phew, that was some work, but totally worth it :) 

And me too, I'm really hoping some of his fins will regenerate over time. Not sure if it's possible or not!

I have a soft spot for orandas and yours are beautiful!

Thank you so much :) !! I'm quite excited to have them!

Glad you're back! :bighug

I'm sorry for your two losses.  You took some really nice photo's of your fish and tank.  Your new fish are beautiful and Clyde looks great.  

Love your glasses on you also.  They look really nice on you.

Your babies look great!  We need puppy pics, too!

I'm sorry for your two losses.  You took some really nice photo's of your fish and tank.  Your new fish are beautiful and Clyde looks great.  

Aw thank you!  :blush:  It's been a while since I cracked out the camera for my tank. Not that it hasn't been presentable, it's just needed some hardware upgrades thanks to some algae issues and hard water deposits. Promise to post more pics soon! 

And also, thank you! :D They're Tom Ford glasses, I decided to go all out this year on them since I finally have some benefits!  :lol3

Awww thank you! :D:heart I just posted an updated on Oliver in the dog thread too :) Lisa beat you to it when asking about him  :teehee  :lol3

Aw thank you!  :blush:  It's been a while since I cracked out the camera for my tank. Not that it hasn't been presentable, it's just needed some hardware upgrades thanks to some algae issues and hard water deposits. Promise to post more pics soon! 

And also, thank you! :D They're Tom Ford glasses, I decided to go all out this year on them since I finally have some benefits!  :lol3

Awww thank you! :D:heart I just posted an updated on Oliver in the dog thread too :) Lisa beat you to it when asking about him  :teehee  :lol3

It's nice to get frames that we want instead of settling.  Your other ones were nice on you also though.  .

Welcome back! :hi

Sorry for your losses. :( Clyde is just awesome, and your two new orandas are adorable. Are they tiny? Their shapes are so nice but they look itty bitty! :heart

It's nice to get frames that we want instead of settling.  Your other ones were nice on you also though.  .

Oh I know, right? I went all in with coatings too, filtering blue computer screen light, anti-glare, green for contrast... the frames? I tried to find others I really liked, but none of them quite fit my face as nice as these so I sucked it up because my benefits paid for half, the glasses were 700 before tax all together with lenses. 

My old ones? You mean the Izumi frames with the clear sides? :) My old profile picture was with the same frames, funny how the way you wear your hair can change how you look in a pair of glasses!!!!  :teehee

Welcome back! :hi

Sorry for your losses. :( Clyde is just awesome, and your two new orandas are adorable. Are they tiny? Their shapes are so nice but they look itty bitty! :heart

Aww thank you so much! :bighug

I'm just glad I was able to save him! I've never had success trying to nurse an ill fish back to health. (It's all thanks to you guys, this place gave me the right tools to do it!!!) :heart  

Yes! They're probably 2" from head to the start of the tail (not including tail length) Very small, but they have a lot of room, and clyde wont let them out of his sight, I think he loves the company!  :lol3  

Sorry for your loss :(

Clyde has great colors and I'm glad he is doing better. :D Congrats on your new goldfish too ;)

Sorry for your loss :(

Clyde has great colors and I'm glad he is doing better. :D Congrats on your new goldfish too ;)

:) Thank you o much!!  I'm glad he is too!

Good to see you, Laura.  Clyde is a tiger!

:D Great to see you too! :bighug And he totally is! I'm still bummed out about his fins, but I'm happy I still have him.